Owen Sound Attack 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
ive seen kaprowski in komoka, he may already be a better goalie then votary. votary has been garbabe all year, at some point you just cut bait and let the kid play.
Votary has struggled this year but the Attack D system is not goalie friendly either. George's success has masked some of the defensive struggles this season but this team gives up a ton of Grade A's against. The team asks an awful lot of their goaltending most nights.

I like what I've seen from Koprowski so far. Early days with him but between he and George the team is in a good place in net moving forward.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Votary has struggled this year but the Attack D system is not goalie friendly either. George's success has masked some of the defensive struggles this season but this team gives up a ton of Grade A's against. The team asks an awful lot of their goaltending most nights.

I like what I've seen from Koprowski so far. Early days with him but between he and George the team is in a good place in net moving forward.
Id take that tandem next year. Just awed at the goalie factory up in OS.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

19 year old needs to be better then the worst goalie in the league, doesnt matter how bad the d are.

Reactions: OSattackfan

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
19 year old needs to be better then the worst goalie in the league, doesnt matter how bad the d are.
I'm not disputing that point, I just think it's hard for goalies in general to have success the way the Attack play defensively. George is obviously a hell of a talent and makes it work but I wouldn't expect that from an average or below average goalie. The technical abilities George has to control his rebounds as well as he does, he really limits secondary chances and doesn't rely as heavily on D clear outs on pucks. He doesn't get caught on the wrong side of screens in front very often. He rarely over slides on pucks either, he's almost always in the right position. I played near 20 years of goalie and its absurd the advanced technique and intelligence George has at such a young age. It's a treat to watch him play.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Adding in the change of event time has really changed the attendance numbers this season not just on Sunday games. But the schedule as a whole.

Where we used to have Saturdays at 730 to 700 and add a pair of 400 has affected attendance this season.
When the start time changed in Sudbury, it felt rushed. I did not particularly like changing ~15 year routine. But it turned out to be better for me.
Owen Sound fans will get used to it, and prefer it imo.
Sunday afternoon home games is an advantage.

Reactions: Ward Cornell

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Hopefully a couple days off will give your team some energy. I suspect with the tv guys suggesting new lines and the pressure of a terrible past weekend there will be some changes. Guessing they move Mccue up Waddick up and Petrovsy down. I wonder if Crawford injury is serious. I think there are a few on here that go to the practices, any news. Votary there?

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
Hopefully a couple days off will give your team some energy. I suspect with the tv guys suggesting new lines and the pressure of a terrible past weekend there will be some changes. Guessing they move Mccue up Waddick up and Petrovsy down. I wonder if Crawford injury is serious. I think there are a few on here that go to the practices, any news. Votary there?
Yes, why wouldn't he be?

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Yes, why wouldn't he be?
Don't know if you saw Greg Cowan's post game write up from Saturday but there were some strange comments from coach Rumble about Votary. Maybe just poorly worded/phrased but it came off as a shot towards the goalie. Wouldn't be the first time he's commented negatively in the paper about Votary either if that was how it was meant.

• Wow
Reactions: East Avenue Bully

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Don't know if you saw Greg Cowan's post game write up from Saturday but there were some strange comments from coach Rumble about Votary. Maybe just poorly worded/phrased but it came off as a shot towards the goalie. Wouldn't be the first time he's commented negatively in the paper about Votary either if that was how it was meant.
My guess is Votary said what every guy wants to say in that situation. Problem is he said it and coach didn't like it.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Votary there. Kowprowski back in Komoka.
Lines juggled. Crawford not skating.

My guess is Votary said what every guy wants to say in that situation. Problem is he said it and coach didn't like it.
He shook off coach after the 3rd goal.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Votary there. Kowprowski back in Komoka.
Lines juggled. Crawford not skating.

He shook off coach after the 3rd goal.
Surprised Koprowski didn't stick around being that Komoka is eliminated. I wouldn't mind him sticking around at practice and helping reduce George's activity in the net outside of games. Keeping George fresh for playoffs is going to be a battle being that he's projected to play 7 of the final 8 games.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
Surprised Koprowski didn't stick around being that Komoka is eliminated. I wouldn't mind him sticking around at practice and helping reduce George's activity in the net outside of games. Keeping George fresh for playoffs is going to be a battle being that he's projected to play 7 of the final 8 games.
He will once Komoka is eliminated from the playoffs

George 9th in OHL GAA
And tops in save percentage?

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Komoka is playing rd 1 vs Lonfon Nationals starring tonight. If they go all 5 games, March 13

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Man I have been an attack fan since the platers days and this team is the most embarrassing one I've seen in that amount of time.. I just dont get it.. I realize its to late in the season but id be 100 percent ok with another coaching change like now.. no sense waiting.. this team has quit and needs something.. Rumble aint it unfortunately

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Number one D pair -4 and -3. No consequences for bonehead plays every game. No spark at all. Something has to happen, sooner the better.
Body language is a telltale sign. The body language on this team is awful. Slow line changes, guys hanging with one leg over the boards with 35 seconds left to get back on the ice, no physicality at all. Barlow is a great player, but if he isn't scoring , he isn't doing much for you. Stars like him want their gm to surround him with a team that can win in playoffs. That didn't happen. I just can't get over the lack of physicality. Coach talked that you have to play Saginaw hard in the paper in the game he threw away. And then you have that kind of effort? I agree with Noof that a coaching change is needed. I know there isn't much out there and it won't happen, but Rumble isn't the guy. Defensive zone has been terrible all year and it is taking its' toll on George. It was nice I'm sure for the 3rd and 4th line to play against Kitchener, who just rolls lines, so they saw a good amount of ice. And Stewart as usual, was the only only one physically involved. I'm not sure what the answer is this late, maybe their isn't one, but I think i saw lots of fans leaving early, which isn't a trait of your fans. You could mathematically miss the playoffs. Won't happen, but with that being a possibility, something is wrong at the Bayshore.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Man I have been an attack fan since the platers days and this team is the most embarrassing one I've seen in that amount of time.. I just dont get it.. I realize its to late in the season but id be 100 percent ok with another coaching change like now.. no sense waiting.. this team has quit and needs something.. Rumble aint it unfortunately
Watching last nights contest and the way the Attack approached this game the players just don't seem to be happy with the way they are being coached. There are some talented players on the Attack. Just don't seem to have their hearts in what is going on behind the bench IMO. They should be a lot harder to play against with the squad they have this season.

Reactions: Noofgoof

Spills

Oct 16, 2021
Seems like coaches have lost the players now. Having run the bench with two coaches all year, can anyone explain that one other than maybe budget $ savings.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
I would say the move on Saturday against Sag was the last straw for the players, again Votary is well liked on the team and this was a dick move. Money certainly is a factor although asst coaches in the OHL are cheap, 35-45 k. They may still be paying Walters and I think the consensus is the season is over. I would guess the search is on

Reactions: Spills

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad