Owen Sound Attack 2016-17 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Good Lesson for the Attack. That was playoff intensity. The guys need to match that on Friday.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Good Lesson for the Attack. That was playoff intensity. The guys need to match that on Friday.

The Hounds don't have the talent of Owen Sound in the top 6, but they always bring the work ethic. If the Attack can match it, then we are in for a long series.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
About as Invisible as Senyshyn, Speers and 2000 people :)

Hayton put a nice screen on McNiven that led to the game winning goal and Speers played a good two-way game, but Senyshyn was definitely cold tonight. I actually thought Suzuki was good, but Palmu really stood out because of how poorly he played defensively. His many mistakes led to a lot of Hounds chances.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Hayton put a nice screen on McNiven that led to the game winning goal and Speers played a good two-way game, but Senyshyn was definitely cold tonight. I actually thought Suzuki was good, but Palmu really stood out because of how poorly he played defensively. His many mistakes led to a lot of Hounds chances.

That was very uncharacteristic of Palmu. He was definitely not himself last night. A couple were just bounces over his stick as I said on that 1 PP he lost 2 at the line. His giveaway resulted in the breakaway goal.

That was a good screen and shot on the second goal.

Did the first goal go off the Attack defender???

We need Gadjovich, James and Schmalz to start getting to the net and looking for those 2nd chances.

The Soo are using their size well. The Attack haven't run up against many teams that are as big and fast as the Soo.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
That was very uncharacteristic of Palmu. He was definitely not himself last night. A couple were just bounces over his stick as I said on that 1 PP he lost 2 at the line. His giveaway resulted in the breakaway goal.

Redirect off Phillips stick blade, the off MM right skate took a 90 degree turn. :(

hfp

Jul 30, 2009
SSM

We need Gadjovich, James and Schmalz to start getting to the net and looking for those 2nd chances.

The Soo are using their size well. The Attack haven't run up against many teams that are as big and fast as the Soo.

We played as the better team. Not going to lie I don't think I've seen a team play OS so well since the second half of the season started. Not trying to be Homer like , it was a solid game!!!

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
We played as the better team. Not going to lie I don't think I've seen a team play OS so well since the second half of the season started. Not trying to be Homer like , it was a solid game!!!

Agreed. Made the Attack look steps behind.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
The Hounds really took advantage of home ice last night limiting the Attack opportunities throughout the game the only chance the guys scored on was a 2nd effort that Zippy picked up on.

Game 2 the Attack need to bring speed to the table and jump on second chances when they get them

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
i'd like to add, i think mcniven will be better in game two as well. he definitely made a few HUGE saves but struggled with rebounds all night.

centorame was really good I though.

palmu had a lot of turnovers.

i felt the only time suzuki had any presence was on the point on the powerplay. he was pretty well kept in check on 5v5 IMO.

can't wait for tomorrow. it's gonna be war.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
#21 hasn't had a very good playoffs so far. He needs to work through this cold spell quick, the team needs him.

BrunoDaBear

Jan 27, 2017
The Attack came out flat, they should be more prepared tomorrow night. Palmu and Friend struggled.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Attack and Hounds tee up game 2 from the Soo. As McGill would say "short memories" about game one

The Attack did have good opportunities in game one although being limited to nothing in the goal crease is something that can be changed quickly in game 2 in the Soo. Micheal wasn't sharp in game 1 hopefully jitters have left the team in preparation for the 2nd tilt against the Hounds.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Attack and Hounds tee up game 2 from the Soo. As McGill would say "short memories" about game one

The Attack did have good opportunities in game one although being limited to nothing in the goal crease is something that can be changed quickly in game 2 in the Soo. Micheal wasn't sharp in game 1 hopefully jitters have left the team in preparation for the 2nd tilt against the Hounds.

I don't know if that's fair to McNiven. That double deflection on the first goal is a tough one and the defenders lost Hayton on the second goal, leading to a very difficult screen. The final goal was a wide open breakaway against a guy with some of the best moves in the league. Maybe he should have stopped one of those, but he made a lot of spectacular saves in his 35.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
I don't know if that's fair to McNiven. That double deflection on the first goal is a tough one and the defenders lost Hayton on the second goal, leading to a very difficult screen. The final goal was a wide open breakaway against a guy with some of the best moves in the league. Maybe he should have stopped one of those, but he made a lot of spectacular saves in his 35.

I am going to agree here, McNiven was as good as he could be, it was the team in front of him that was not sharp.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound

I am going to agree here, McNiven was as good as he could be, it was the team in front of him that was not sharp.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario

I would definitely agree about that point on spectacular saves and some impossible shot angles that the Hounds took. Although from a whole team standpoint everyone has to follow through with their defensive assignments and capitalize on their offensive opportunities against the Hounds when they get the chance the Hounds are a fast team and so are the Attack but you have to take advantage of your opportunities when you get them in the offensive zone

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I would definitely agree about that point on spectacular saves and some impossible shot angles that the Hounds took. Although from a whole team standpoint everyone has to follow through with their defensive assignments and capitalize on their offensive opportunities against the Hounds when they get the chance the Hounds are a fast team and so are the Attack but you have to take advantage of your opportunities when you get them in the offensive zone

That's two playoff games the Attack scored one goal and lost both.

They've got to support McNiven better than that to win.

Need more jump tonight, willing to get to the blue paint.

Soo has been this far along, they know what it takes. The Attack lack the playoff experience, as McGill said, they need a little adversity, so we can see how they respond .

Let's not forget a 50 win Erie team got skunked by London last spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad