Post-Game Talk (GBU): Ow

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
That's exactly what he suggested.

It is because frankly I wouldn't give a **** about this team if I was Miller during an Olympic year. I wouldn't blame him either. He's played balls out all year on a rebuilding team and the last thing he needs is a going injury.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
It is because frankly I wouldn't give a **** about this team if I was Miller during an Olympic year. I wouldn't blame him either. He's played balls out all year on a rebuilding team and the last thing he needs is a going injury.

Miller is way too much of a competitor to even consider something like that.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
On the plus side, Tyler Ennis has 10 points and six rebounds for Syracuse as the game against Duke goes into ot.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
I flipped on the game, and saw that it was 3-0 already. Went and did something useful instead.
Did Miller have a chance on any of these goals?

If so, crappy timing, as the Olympics are just.around.the.corner. :shakehead

Ryan received very little support. They hung him out to dry.

On the plus side, first overall pick is looking better and better.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
G: I thought Ennis was our best player for most of the game. Zemgus also looked good.

B: I didn't like Ott's game tonight.

U: Moulson's injury. Hopefully he's better by the trade deadline.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I didn't watch the game(thankfully). Was it a case of a bad team not being prepared to play or has Ryan checked out prior to the Olympic break in an effort to avoid injury?

To be honest, as bad as this season has been, I don't remember them getting blown out like this before. Happens to everyone once or twice a season.

The non-NHL calibre players on our team all pretty much played like non-NHL players. And our defensemen couldn't skate with them.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Well at least the team is having fun celebrating Tyler Myers' bday on the flight home! Happy bday Tyler!! Yayy!!!

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Was at work....missed the game - good thing....

Oh wait, I don't watch the games anyways, lol.

KeepCalmandCorsiOn

Jun 30, 2013
I guess this was the blowout loss everyone was just waiting for. At least it was against a good team though. *shrugs*

Oh, and the Good: Only 3 more games, and we get a two week break from watching this dumpster fire. Will be my favorite part of this season.

Last edited:

Shoey

Hello.
Jun 25, 2006
Buffalo, NY
www.ypoiw.blogspot.com
Was at work....missed the game - good thing....

Oh wait, I don't watch the games anyways, lol.

I'm sure someone will give you crap for this, but I'm there too.

I want the team to tank, but it's a lot better on me mentally if I just refrain from watching them play as often as I can stomach because it's extremely frustrating seeing how far this team has fallen. It's better for me to be divide my attention during games or to conveniently forget that a game is on entirely, I've found.

I just feel like an ******* when I'm actively rooting for them to lose, so I'm trying to avoid those feelings.

being bad is bad, but then a good thing happens. It's conflicting beyond all belief.

Lock3Boys

Aug 16, 2005
Buffalo, NY
Miller was hung out to dry, I really have a hard time seeing him go out like this, if it is his last season with us.

The Avs showed me how far this team is away, just talent wise. Much like the St. Louis, and Pittsburgh games from earlier this season, it looked like men vs boys. Our team speed is atrocious, not to mention many other tangibles.

Not to beat a dead horse, but what is Leino doing on this team, let alone in the lineup? I understand he has more talent than a lot of the guys on this team, but darn his effort and competence seems lacking.

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
Watching the Avs was just brilliant. Truly a masterful team when they are on their game. The offensive prowess made a really fun game to watch, even if we did make it easy for them.

But wow, everything was bad for us.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Wow... Spent $300 on the seats alone. Wasn't expecting a win, just an effort.

$150 for flight from Vegas, $60 for tickets directly behind Miller for 1st and Enroth in 3rd, hotel, rental car. I didn't expect a win but man was the effort atrocious!

Nacho

Special
Aug 8, 2005
Thats the one thing (aside from their talent) that stood out more than anything. How incredibly fast they were and obviously how slow we are.

Fun things happen when coaches let their players play hockey... Sometimes it backfires, but most of the times you get good results and great entertainment to boot...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad