Post-Game Talk (GBU): Ow

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I flipped on the game, and saw that it was 3-0 already. Went and did something useful instead.
Did Miller have a chance on any of these goals?

If so, crappy timing, as the Olympics are just.around.the.corner. :shakehead

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 10m

"I didn't like our mindset ... They embarrassed us and we embarrassed Ryan Miller." -Steve Ott #Sabres

omglolnub

Jun 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I flipped on the game, and saw that it was 3-0 already. Went and did something useful instead.
Did Miller have a chance on any of these goals?

If so, crappy timing, as the Olympics are just.around.the.corner. :shakehead

It doesn't matter for Miller's starting chances that he gave up 5 today. The USA brass would be stupid to not realize that he's put up phenomenal numbers on arguably the worst team since the 04-05 lockout. Will he start anyway, though? Good question.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
G:
I didn't see most of the game
Ruhwedel: only D with an even plus minus
ParentsTrip dinner last night to help with the tank - drinks on us! :sarcasm:

B:
Ellis: on ice for 4 goals against
Myers: on ice for 4 goals against
ParentsTrip dinner a little to far overboard last night, tanking too hard.

U:
Leino: no shots, again
Post-game press conference: if Rolston or Torts were our coach

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
I didn't watch the game(thankfully). Was it a case of a bad team not being prepared to play or has Ryan checked out prior to the Olympic break in an effort to avoid injury?

To be honest, as bad as this season has been, I don't remember them getting blown out like this before. Happens to everyone once or twice a season.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I didn't watch the game(thankfully). Was it a case of a bad team not being prepared to play or has Ryan checked out prior to the Olympic break in an effort to avoid injury?

To be honest, as bad as this season has been, I don't remember them getting blown out like this before. Happens to everyone once or twice a season.

It was a much faster and talented offensive team overwhelming us.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
awful game, really hoping they insulate Zemgus in Rochester after the Olympics.

g- didn't get shut out

b- everything else

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011

Seriously even suggesting Miller checked out? Embarrassing.

Nobody on the defense showed up. Miller was hung out on an island.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Omarks probably glad he was scratched this game....because if he was in it Nolan probably would've tried to ban him from the NHL :laugh:

Aside from Ennis and Girgensons I thought the whole team sucked.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Oh yeah, forgot to add that Leino was woeful. Just send him home until we buy him out.
The "pass" he made just before MacKinnon's goal was one of the worst plays I have ever watched. Kids in the CHL don't even make that terrible of a pass.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I dont know if anyone watched it but this afternoon Ville Leino made me sick. He is hands down the worst hockey player EVER... EVER... EVER. Getting caught flat footed on 3 different goals. WHY DO THEY KEEP THIS GUY!?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad