Ovi uses 100 flex

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Pretty sure that either Lundqvist or Broduer or both have said that Ovechkin's puck does things that others just don't. One being that the spin on it drives the puck thru goalies unlike others. The curve on his stick creates movement others don't have. Its not all about velocity

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Pretty sure that either Lundqvist or Broduer or both have said that Ovechkin's puck does things that others just don't. One being that the spin on it drives the puck thru goalies unlike others. The curve on his stick creates movement others don't have. Its not all about velocity
Kolzig said something similar, too.

Reactions: txpd

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Yea, Ive seen some of his comments. If I remember right, he said something about him after just the first day of seeing his shot.
That's right, I remember Leonsis describing the conversation in an interview.

rh71

Nov 12, 2005
Long Island, NY

It was the Zoom call with a few goalies like Holtby and Murray who said his puck just doesn't go where it looks like it should. Quick said something about how quickly it gets on you. https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/jonathan-quick-kings-snipers

I'm just amazed at the stick bend he generates even at 100 flex. He's one big hombre though.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t care what radar guns say in gimmick events, when it counts Ovy’s shot is heavy as hell and deadly accurate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad