Value of: Overpriced Top 4 Defense

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Pointless. All you're gonna get is terrible players with too many years left on their contracts, e.g., a pure cap dump like Ceci.

Weegar-Andersson
Kylington-Pachal

That's a good enough top four for the rest of the season. The bottom pairing is gonna be brutal if it's Oesterle-Gilbert but that's on Huska for not being willing to give Solovyov/Kuznetsov a longer leash.
Not sure why Flames fans think Ceci is a pure cap dump.when they were paying almost $4 million for Zadorov.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Not sure why Flames fans think Ceci is a pure cap dump.when they were paying almost $4 million for Zadorov.

Friedman
Second, even though Tanev doesn’t miss many games, the Flames felt not trading him was walking a tightrope because no one eats pucks like he does. Third, if Edmonton, Toronto or Vancouver was going to get Tanev, they were going to have to blow Dallas out of the water. Things may have changed, but, at one recent time, the Canucks also offered a second and a prospect, while Toronto was offering multiple picks — although the best of them wasn’t in the immediate future. The Oilers were the team that I believe put a first-rounder on the table, but included a contract Calgary didn’t wish to take.

I can fully empathize with Oilers fans wishing that Ceci didn't have that extra year on his contract making him a cap dump but alas, reality and having Holland for a GM can be harsh

Oh and then you have Seravalli saying stuff like this:

"cost to dump a contract or two"

Leafsfanperson

Jan 27, 2024
Parayko is on an aweful contract that takes him till he retires and is probably the best blueline on an ugly contract though there is a crowd that still believes in him for past accomplishment so the price might be high.

Sheltering a rebuild's blueline is about all he's good for on that dog **** contract.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Parayko is on an aweful contract that takes him till he retires and is probably the best blueline on an ugly contract though there is a crowd that still believes in him for past accomplishment so the price might be high.

Sheltering a rebuild's blueline is about all he's good for on that dog **** contract.
Parayko is worth every penny of his contract and is the Blues’ clear-cut best defenseman.

Krug and Faulk can be had, but just because people outside of STL are ignorant of Parayko’s performance does not make his contract bad. Nobody is worried about the last two years; $6.5M is nothing with a rising cap.

Reactions: stl76

Leafsfanperson

Jan 27, 2024
Parayko is worth every penny of his contract and is the Blues’ clear-cut best defenseman.

Krug and Faulk can be had, but just because people outside of STL are ignorant of Parayko’s performance does not make his contract bad. Nobody is worried about the last two years; $6.5M is nothing with a rising cap.
Like I said, he's a good defenseman in terms of sheltering a non competitive team.

6.5 on a declining asset that is signed that is signed till he's 37? That contract is a death sentence on a contender's roster.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Friedman

I can fully empathize with Oilers fans wishing that Ceci didn't have that extra year on his contract making him a cap dump but alas, reality and having Holland for a GM can be harsh

Oh and then you have Seravalli saying stuff like this:

"cost to dump a contract or two"

Well that wild speculation sure cleared things up. 🤣🤣

drede

Jul 13, 2023
Just because they have him in top 4 doesn't mean he's any good

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Like I said, he's a good defenseman in terms of sheltering a non competitive team.

6.5 on a declining asset that is signed that is signed till he's 37? That contract is a death sentence on a contender's roster.
Why would a team contending in 2024 be overly concerned about a contract that is currently a bargain and MAY be bad in like 2028? If anything it would be the opposite, your logic makes no sense.

Leafsfanperson

Jan 27, 2024
Why would a team contending in 2024 be overly concerned about a contract that is currently a bargain and MAY be bad in like 2028? If anything it would be the opposite, your logic makes no sense.
I'm a Leafs fan and these rumors of him coming to Toronto are a nightmare.

His 6.5 + term = dead capsace that will tank a contender during their window.

Ewwwww no thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad