Boston Bruins Overpaid and Underperforming Bruins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
David Krejci Salary 7.25m Points 6, tied for 9th on team with Chara and Schaller.

Disappointing?

David Backes Salary 6.0m Points 1, tied for 2nd worst on team

Underperforming?

Matt Belesky Salary 3.8m Points 0, tied for last on team

The new Jimmy Hayes?

Ryan Spooner Salary 2.8m Points 1, tied for 2nd worst on team

A relative bargain amongst our underperforming players in terms of cap room wasted?

So what to do when you pay a grand total of 19.85m dollars in salary for a grand total of 8 points produced in offense?

Bruins contract decisions/signings do not look wise at this point in the season.

Compare those guys to...

Anders Bjork Salary .925m Points 9
Jake Debrusk Salary .863m Points 10
Charlie McAvoy Salary .916m Points 10

Each of these players have scored more points than those 4 players combined, and each costs 1/20th the salary of those 4 players combined.

Hmm, if we weren't getting insane value from the likes of Bjork, Debrusk, and McAvoy, our performance per dollar ratio would look much, much worse.

So what can the Bruins do to fix this issue of overpaying vastly underperforming players?

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
So it doesn't bother you at all that 4 of our 7 top paid offensive players have combined for a grand total of 8 points this season?

Facts still show that nearly 20 million dollars in salary paid have produced 8 total points of offense to date this season.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
You do realize Krejci was injured right? He has 8 points in 10 games, what more do you want? greater than a PPG player?

This is the worst thread I've ever read I think.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
So you're trying to say that giving a 32 year old a 5 year contract worth 6m per year was a wise move? Last time I checked older players tend to be more brittle and perform less going forward than younger players. Ball is in your court.

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton
Beleskey sure. But the other 3 have played a combined 20 games?? Jumping the gun a tad there bud?

We just won a tough game against the Pens which makes 4 in a row and you still make a thread bashing the team. Some people just can't be happy.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
So you're trying to say that giving a 32 year old a 5 year contract worth 6m per year was a wise move? Last time I checked older players tend to be more brittle and perform less going forward than younger players. Ball is in your court.
I’m sorry. Just which one of us are speaking to that has pointed out your ill conceived notion of injured players under performing?

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
I like our mix!

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Solid win against the Penguins, but no points from Backes again. Disappointing.
4 Straight without him, makes you wonder. Where does he slot in and ruin some newly found chemistry the kids have, that worries me a lot. We have seen this before a vet takes a spot undeserved sometimes in the past at least based on performance and the kid is stifled. They are going to have to make a tough choices or Bjork never gets back in this line up. Something has to give in a trade, maybe 4 quarters for a buck for once.

Last edited:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
We have another player who’s 32 and under contract for 5 more years at 6.8 - dumb move? Last time I checked older players tend to be more brittle and perform less going forward than younger players. . . Blah blah blah

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
There will always be ups and downs for guys... and when you have a cap, the cap must be managed

But comparing injured player point totals to healthy guys seams a complete waste of hf hosting resources

Try to have more substance when we post

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
David Krejci Salary 7.25m Points 6, tied for 9th on team with Chara and Schaller.

Disappointing?

David Backes Salary 6.0m Points 1, tied for 2nd worst on team

Underperforming?

Matt Belesky Salary 3.8m Points 0, tied for last on team

The new Jimmy Hayes?

Ryan Spooner Salary 2.8m Points 1, tied for 2nd worst on team

A relative bargain amongst our underperforming players in terms of cap room wasted?

So what to do when you pay a grand total of 19.85m dollars in salary for a grand total of 8 points produced in offense?

Bruins contract decisions/signings do not look wise at this point in the season.

Compare those guys to...

Anders Bjork Salary .925m Points 9
Jake Debrusk Salary .863m Points 10
Charlie McAvoy Salary .916m Points 10

Each of these players have scored more points than those 4 players combined, and each costs 1/20th the salary of those 4 players combined.

Hmm, if we weren't getting insane value from the likes of Bjork, Debrusk, and McAvoy, our performance per dollar ratio would look much, much worse.

So what can the Bruins do to fix this issue of overpaying vastly underperforming players?
fire all the scouts and GM responsible for any mistakes

Hire people that will draft great prospects, not overpay veterans and free agents and make one sided deals in our favor

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Was it $6 every year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad