Ovechkin with no missed games in the North Division

If Ovechkin had no missed games and played in the North Division would he win the rocket this season

• Total voters

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
is one division having almost twice as many games tied at the end of regulation as the other somehow not indicative of parity?

you're kinda making the opposite point of what you think you are here....
Is there any evidence whatsoever that these these teams are going to OT because they’re close? The Sabres, Devils, and Flyers have a similar Score and venue adjusted Goals +/- to the Sens, Canucks and Flames. Same with GF% if you prefer that. I think you’d have a point if this was basketball, but hockey is a random ass sport where even Columbus and Tampa can play 8 periods in a game where 1 side was dominating.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I mean, we have no idea how things would play out if we restarted the league with the Caps in the North because variance has such an impact. Obviously Ovechkin is still capable of winning the Richard and after a slow period is back in the pack after Matthews. As things stand though, 31 to 21 is a huge gap that's absurd to explain away by competition. Matthews has been the better goalscorer this year regardless of division.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
I guess it’s possible but it seems like the question may suggest that the North just doesn’t have any quality goal scorers.

shaner82

Apr 18, 2017
Man there are some Americans on here that better hope the winner of the North division doesn't win that 3rd round the way it has been talked about this year :laugh:

Don't worry, it's impossible. The North is the worst division in the history of sports. Whoever comes out of the North will get swept easily. Probably lose all the games by 10 goals too. Barely atom teams in that division.

Matthews and McDavid suck too. They couldn't score in any other division.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
We get it everyone, the North division lets in more goals, so nothing counts in Canada this year.

It’s marginal, the difference between the North and East is only .04 - it’s when comparing the North to the Central and West where their is a bigger gap, but that gap obviously exists between them and the East too (and exists in the West because they score the least).

OP makes a lot of silly threads, but he should do a little research beforehand, it would have told him Ovechkin is already playing in a division that has an almost identical GA average. Ovechkin just isn’t what he used to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: ESH

Cotton

May 13, 2013
That 83 people voted yes just goes to show you how saturated this site is with casual fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad