Ovechkin with no missed games in the North Division

If Ovechkin had no missed games and played in the North Division would he win the rocket this season

• Total voters

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
We get it everyone, the North division lets in more goals, so nothing counts in Canada this year.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
North W/O TML - 3.033 GA/G (121 goals over 40 games)
- East W/O WSH - 2.918 GA/G (116 goals over 40 games)

the difference is negligible and you'd be grasping at straws if you think that playing in the North opposed to the East would have any significant impact on his production.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Without games missed he'd probably be up there. But Matthews is almost unstoppable this year. It would be a close race and Ovie could get the nod over Matthews for sure. But it would not be an easy task.

Edit: Jesus...didn't realize Matthews is already at 28 goals in 37 games. What the hell...Yeah, I'll change my vote. Ovie is not catching up on Matthews even if he plays in different division without injuries. Especially if we assume all players are fully healthy, Matthews missed few games already and he was also visibly hurting for few games he played in.

This is Auston's year no doubt. Probably the first time in 15 or so years it's starting to feel like there's a better scorer in the game than Ovechkin.

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
What I find funny is that on other years, a lot of people told us that Matthews G/GP was irrelevant if he can't stay healty. This year, he is healty, and scores a bunch of goals, and some are still complaining.

Even as a habs fan, I can appreciate a great goal scoring talent like Matthews

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Without games missed he'd probably be up there. But Matthews is almost unstoppable this year. It would be a close race and Ovie could get the nod over Matthews for sure. But it would not be an easy task.

Edit: Jesus...didn't realize Matthews is already at 28 goals in 37 games. What the hell...Yeah, I'll change my vote. Ovie is not catching up on Matthews even if he plays in different division without injuries. Especially if we assume all players are fully healthy, Matthews missed few games already and he was also visibly hurting for few games he played in.

This is Auston's year no doubt. Probably the first time in 15 or so years it's starting to feel like there's a better scorer in the game than Ovechkin.
I'm pretty sure people felt that when Stamkos was outscoring Ovechkin by 22 goals.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
He'd win the art ross, the hart, the rocket and the lindsay. 99 goals 200 assists in this bush league

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Matthews is and will be the best goal scorer in the league for the next 5 years.

The next challanger/best goal scorer is going to be Connor Bedard near the end of his ELC

I have to like this especially for the Bedard reference. I've never seen him play but he is tearing it up and is only 15 years old. He plays for the most historic and most established junior team in the country right in the breadbox of hockey territory.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Not close, the north is way too good defensively for a guy like OV, he would likely be a healthy scratch on every team except Toronto. He would fit well with Spezza and Thornton and have an excellent season of 10-12 goals.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Ottawa is not as bad as they think, also Vancouver although struggling 5v5, I think Ovy might have troubles lighting up Demko, for sure not a sure lock for Rocket Richard trophy who knows.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
What's the exchange rate between an American goal and a Canadian goal? Like 1.3 Canadian goals for every American? He can just cash his in and be the division leader.

Reactions: Yarice

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
That division is like letting prime Ovechkin exclusively play against the SE division for a season. He'd easily be over GPG, surprised Matthews doesn't have more goals to be honest, the defense is atrocious in that division.

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
Who knows but Ovechkin has 9 Richards already, he can let someone else win one. What will be interesting is assumig back to normal next year once the league is vaccinated, will a 36 year old Ovechkin reclaim the throne?

He has 13 in his last 16 at age 35 and could've pushed the high 50s last year if not for the season shutting down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad