Ovechkin played injured...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Here is the recent video of Oleg Znaroks - head coach of Russian national team from World Championships. He says that, he spoke with Ovi right after play-offs and that he won't be joining the team due to injuries. He played entire play-offs with bad knee and hip, on medication. Now can we say that it was mostly Caps coaching staff fault?Whoever watched Caps game last 2 months even before play-offs could easily say that Ovechkin wasn't himself. Why they didn't keep him out, just like Pens did with Malkin? Your thoughts? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYwKsvFMv80

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Every team has guys that are injured... Heck Crosby is pretty much one hit to the head away from never stepping foot on ice again... Gets annoying having these reports come out afterwards... Every team has multiple guys like this... Its just cause Ovi didnt play well and people love reading that there is an excuse

EK is playing with a broken foot and is still playing the best hockey of the playoffs in the whole NHL pretty much.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
why is it so "annoying" ?

kudos to Ovy for playing through injuries. Rest up and get ready for next season!

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
why is it so "annoying" ?

kudos to Ovy for playing through injuries. Rest up and get ready for next season!

Yeah, get ready for another presidents trophy win and another 2nd round knock out.

Like the guy above me said, there's a certain player playing some of the best hockey in his career with a worse injury, and I'm sure there are others as well.

His effort in game 7 was pathetic at best...the only injury he has is a lack of heart.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Broken heart is a serious injury.

Oversized ego is also no small matter.

Don't know if he'll recover from this.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Crosby, sheary and guentzel all get "diagnosed by the team" with concussions and miss nearly zero time and get to hide behind playing through injuries but a report that ovie was hurt instantly gets discredited? Hmmm I'm gonna tell work I have a concussion Everytime I have a headache and hope the sympathy card works for me too...

Half kidding obviously but people need to lay off the ovie hate a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad