Ovechkin-Lemieux-McDavid vs. Lindros-Gretzky-Crosby

Which line would be better at their peaks?

• Total voters

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Very close call.

Gretzky is the better C... but Lemieuxs line has a couple of insane wingers.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
I always go with Gretzky in these polls even though you saddled him with a couple of stiffs....
:naughty:

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
This one is pretty tough to call. I went with Lemieux's team, but it's a good poll, as I don't think you could really go wrong either way.

I think the Gretzky team works better together from an offensive chemistry standpoint, as all three are great passers (yes, Lindros was a fantastic passer). However, I also like the more defined roles of team Lemieux. Lemieux is quarterback. Try to use McDavid's game-breaking speed to force mistakes out of the opposition. Ovechkin is more than a "load the cannon" for the one timer kind of guy - when he was younger, he could go out and get a goal on his own like no other (still has the most beautiful goal of all time).

Last edited:

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Strictly talking about peak seasons, Crosby and Lindros are the weak links here.

Lemieux's absolute best season = Gretzky's best season
Ovechkin's best season >>> Lindros's best season
McDavid's best season may be TBD relative to Crosby's best season. Obviously McDavid has the talent to match Crosby's best season (2010) but it hasn't all come together due to COVID. JMO but I think they are very much on the same level.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
For me Peak Lemeuix vs Gretzky are basically a wash.

I think Gretzky is the great one because how long he was great.

McDavid Vs Crosby effectively a wash again

Ovi Vs Lindros, is where my vote comes in as Ovi is far better than Lindros imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad