Ovechkin KHL Bound?

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Ovechkin is way to competitive to leave the NHL. He could break some enormous records if he continues his dominance a few more seasons. Not a chance he goes home like Radulov and Kovalchuk did. I bet those guys regret it from a playing standpoint already. Why would AO do the same thing?

Nolanitis

Feb 19, 2007
NYC
Seems like most that go want to get out of there within a year
No way does he go in his prime. Maybe a year or two in his 40's

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Pretty sure Ovechkin can punch his ticket to at least one Olympic team even after his NHL retirement. Yeah, maybe it's just to be a turret, but I don't think he'll need to weigh another national team appearance against chasing NHL records. Russian team always seems to have one or two "legacy" picks that may not be the best available player, but is owed one for KHL service or general reputation, so an early 40's OV could always get one more shot.

Especially if it times out around a retirement "victory lap" of sorts.

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He doesn't act on his own. He represents what the owners want. Those lock outs that everyone blames him for...aren't his call
I know that. I also know that not all owners are on the same page always, but yes the majority of them and their comissioner of choice Bettman are the guys responsible for those things.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
He did in 2006. Joe Thornton used him to bounce pucks into the net.
Actually, he had 2 sport hernia and people said it slowed him down.
I mean, he is not an annual Rocket Richard guy, but some of these goals were pretty remarkable. Some in empty nets or in broken plays... but I guess he deserved all of these 56 goals. Lost his confidence. He never took hard shots like that as a Sens......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad