Ovechkin/Crosby/Malkin vs. Forsberg/Sakic/Jagr

Which trio would you take for one regular season and playoff run as your top line?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bathdog

Oct 27, 2016
I'm pretty big on peak and playoffs so I'd go Forsberg/Sakic/Jagr. By no means any huge margins.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
I'm pretty big on peak and playoffs so I'd go Forsberg/Sakic/Jagr. By no means any huge margins.

By peak season:

Jagr
OV/Malkin
Sakic/Crosby
Forsberg

By peak:

Jagr/OV/Malkin/Crosby
Sakic/Forsberg

By peak playoff performance:

Malkin/Sakic
Crosby
Forsberg
OV
Jagr

By playoff careers:

Crosby/Sakic
Malkin
Forsberg
Jagr/OV

All-time ranking:

Crosby
OV/Jagr
Sakic
Malkin
Forsberg

bathdog

Oct 27, 2016
By peak season:

Jagr
OV/Malkin
Sakic/Crosby
Forsberg

By peak:

Jagr/OV/Malkin/Crosby
Sakic/Forsberg

Malkin/Sakic
Crosby
Forsberg
OV
Jagr

By playoff careers:

Crosby/Sakic
Malkin
Forsberg
Jagr/OV

All-time ranking:

Crosby
OV/Jagr
Sakic
Malkin
Forsberg

Nothing wrong with minority opinions, but a more common one, using your categories is probably:

By peak season:

Jagr
OV
Malkin
Sakic/Forsberg
Crosby

By peak:

Jagr/OV
Malkin/Crosby/Sakic/Forsberg

Malkin/Sakic
Forsberg
Crosby
OV
Jagr

By playoff careers:

Sakic
Forsberg
Crosby
Malkin
Jagr/OV

All-time ranking:

Crosby/Jagr
OV
Sakic
Malkin
Forsberg

This was, however, for 1 RS + 1 PO. Also, not sure what "By peak" actually meant, assume it was extended peak that actually happend. I also gave credit to the team accomplishment in winning the cup as far as peak playoff performance went, even though it has little to do with individual performances.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Nothing wrong with minority opinions, but a more common one, using your categories is probably:

By peak season:

Jagr
OV
Malkin
Sakic/Forsberg
Crosby

By peak:

Jagr/OV

Malkin/Sakic
Forsberg
Crosby
OV
Jagr

By playoff careers:

Sakic
Forsberg
Crosby
Malkin
Jagr/OV

All-time ranking:

Crosby/Jagr
OV
Sakic
Malkin
Forsberg

This was, however, for 1 RS + 1 PO. Also, not sure what "By peak" actually meant, assume it was extended peak that actually happend. I also gave credit to the team accomplishment in winning the cup as far as peak playoff performance went, even though it has little to do with individual performances.

By "peak" level of play I meant who was the best player at their very best.

Crosby was clearly a level above Sakic and Forsberg for peak, and Forsberg in peak season and in playoff career.

bathdog

Oct 27, 2016
By "peak" level of play I meant who was the best player at their very best.

Crosby was clearly a level above Sakic and Forsberg for peak, and Forsberg in peak season and in playoff career.

He absolutely wasn't. His calling card is his consistency over the course of his career, his prime.

I think there is pretty strong support for Forsberg 02/03 RS being better than any full season of Crosby (not partial extrapolation), and pretty strong support for his 02 playoff run over and run of Crosby.

I think there is pretty strong support for Sakic 00/01 RS being better than any full season of Crosby, unless we're punishing him unfairly much for falling just short to Jagr (was Ovechkin better than Crosby in 12/13?), I don't think playoff runs needs any explanation.

Even if you wouldn't agree with that, there is no basis for placing them on different "tiers".

It's fairly obvious there is strong support for Forsberg playoff career over Crosby as you already know: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...y-cup-playoff-performers-of-all-time.2222511/

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
He absolutely wasn't. His calling card is his consistency over the course of his career, his prime.

Just because he missed the chance to put up a full season at his peak, doesn't mean you cannot recognize his peak level of play.

bathdog

Oct 27, 2016
Just because he missed the chance to put up a full season at his peak, doesn't mean you cannot recognize his peak level of play.

If that's the case. The same holds true for playoffs though, right?

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
I think there is pretty strong support for Forsberg 02/03 RS being better than any full season of Crosby (not partial extrapolation), and pretty strong support for his 02 playoff run over and run of Crosby.

If we aren't extrapolating.....

Forsberg won the Art Ross by 2 points and did not win the Lindsay. Crosby won the Art by 17 points, won the Lindsay and won the Hart in a far more decisive manner.

Crosby's 14 goals and 28 points thru three rounds and 17 games in 2009 > Forsberg's 27 points in 20 games in 2002.

bathdog

Oct 27, 2016
If we aren't extrapolating.....

Forsberg won the Art Ross by 2 points and did not win the Lindsay. Crosby won the Art by 17 points, won the Lindsay and won the Hart in a far more decisive manner.

Crosby's 14 goals and 28 points thru three rounds and 17 games in 2009 > Forsberg's 27 points in 20 games in 2002.

If you hadn't noticed, I pretty much stopped engaging in debates with you because it turns into going around in an unbreakable circle of laughable arguments.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Forsberg-Sakic is more comparable to Yzerman-Fedorov. Crosby-Malkin is the better duo, both individually and career, and arguably the best 1-2 punch of all time (only competition being Gretzky-Messier). Ovechkin-Jagr could be considered a wash.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Don't understand the lopsided result here. Are people voting that have never seen Forsberg/Sakic/Jagr in their primes???

I know the age limit here is 13 and there is no way someone close to that age could have watched the second group in their primes

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Don't understand the lopsided result here. Are people voting that have never seen Forsberg/Sakic/Jagr in their primes???

I know the age limit here is 13 and there is no way someone close to that age could have watched the second group in their primes

I think Ovechkin winning the Cup now has really swayed it in their favour, it is far closer than the poll results indicate.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Forsberg-Sakic is more comparable to Yzerman-Fedorov. Crosby-Malkin is the better duo, both individually and career, and arguably the best 1-2 punch of all time (only competition being Gretzky-Messier). Ovechkin-Jagr could be considered a wash.

Mario and Jagr was a pretty deadly combo.. I'd take it over Crosby/Malkin anyday

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
I went with the more modern trio. Sakic and Forsberg are a step down. Jagr needs a bit more help.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012

By peak season:

Jagr
OV
Malkin
Sakic/Forsberg
Crosby

By peak:

Jagr/OV

Malkin/Sakic
Forsberg
Crosby
OV
Jagr

By playoff careers:

Sakic
Forsberg
Crosby
Malkin
Jagr/OV

All-time ranking:

Crosby/Jagr
OV
Sakic
Malkin
Forsberg

You're overrating the Colorado players' playoff performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad