Ovechkin: Canada deserves Gold + Sorry for camera incident

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitalsinsider/ovechkin-canada-deserved-to-wi.html#more

It seems like he's talking to the North American media again now that the Olympics are over.

*On Russia's 7-3 loss to Canada in the quarterfinals: "I think every game against Canada is special for everybody. Obviously we lost and we lost pretty badly. I don't know what happened that moment. You could see how they move, how they play. And we didn't play at all. It was a pretty bad situation for us and our country, in that moment. But, still, life goes on."

*On Canada beating the USA in OT: "I watched only overtime. I think Canada deserved to win. They play better. I think both teams have good chances, but I think in overtime Canada feel more fresher and have more opportunities to score goals."

*On the incident in which Ovechkin appears to push someone who is attempted to film him as he walked into the Russia House.

"I don't want to talk about it," he said. "It happened. I feel sorry, but it was an emotional moment for me. I don't want to say something bad or do something bad, but this happened. Let's forget about it and move forward."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad