GDT: Outsider Wishing NJD Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
The playoff dream is over, JK3.

It doesn't matter what happens in Florida.

Unless BleedRed is there heckling someone... :sarcasm:

I know but still it's the Florida trip, always frustrating.

Bleed can yell at Warsofsky for two days in person. :laugh: Why does he heff to be so mad.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I know but still it's the Florida trip, always frustrating.

Bleed can yell at Warsofsky for two days in person. :laugh: Why does he heff to be so mad.

Warsofsky would have to be really bad for me to yell at him in person.

It took months of having to get reacquainted with Fraser, on top of him COSTING us the game against TBL last time, for me to start yelling things at him.:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Boucher seems to be the first player that Travis has looked comfortable playing with since Parise

There was also Jagr in between, they were amazing in 13-14.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I think many of us agreed before the season that 50 points was a good target for Zajac, he's currently on pace for 49.9 points over 82 games. Quietly having a very good year.

I have to give full marks to Boucher, after some less than stellar call-ups the last few years he's really worked hard to improve. You can tell there's a fire and drive in his play that may not have shown through previously. I wasn't sure if he had a long-term future in this league but I'm very impressed with how he continues to improve.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think many of us agreed before the season that 50 points was a good target for Zajac, he's currently on pace for 49.9 points over 82 games. Quietly having a very good year.

I have to give full marks to Boucher, after some less than stellar call-ups the last few years he's really worked hard to improve. You can tell there's a fire and drive in his play that may not have shown through previously. I wasn't sure if he had a long-term future in this league but I'm very impressed with how he continues to improve.

I thought 45 points would be a good target for Zajac, even 40 points would have been a huge bounceback from last year.

And I'm really enjoying Boucher. He's also a puck shooter, so the analytics crowd probably loves him. But he can actually score too.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

I would have been/would be freaking ecstatic with 50. Zajac hadn't hit 50 since the days of the PZL line, the only time he came close was with Jagr the first season. I was just hoping he'd get back to 40+ and last year wasn't the beginning of a Mike Richards-type crater (albeit without the off-ice nonsense).

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I've been impressed by Boucher's playmaking this year. We've always known he's got a good shot, but now he's setting up guys as well. And his play away from the puck has also improved. If Blandisi can similarly clean up his game a bit (which I think will come with experience) those two could end up being steals for us.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Cd2VhKhWoAAT00h.jpg

I have the perfect Ric Flair and Mr. Perfect reference to make right now.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
40 wins on the season would be pretty awesome.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Not to jinx anything but for someone who is not good at reading schedule etc. What needs to happen for a playoff wildcard to be had?

I know it's in other team's hands but what needs to happen? Is the Detroit - Philly game a deal breaker?

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Happy about the win and the success Travis and Boucher are having. However, being out shot 40 to 15 is living dangerously and it's more or less in every game they play.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Not to jinx anything but for someone who is not good at reading schedule etc. What needs to happen for a playoff wildcard to be had?

I know it's in other team's hands but what needs to happen? Is the Detroit - Philly game a deal breaker?

Well we would have to catch Philly.

If the Devils go 5-0, Philly has to go 2-5

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
40 wins on the season would be pretty awesome.

Agreed.

I still think this season is a massive success regardless of playoffs. In New Jersey, in Albany and among our prospects in both the CHL and NCAA...This has been a very good year with a lot of promise.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Agreed.

I still think this season is a massive success regardless of playoffs. In New Jersey, in Albany and among our prospects in both the CHL and NCAA...This has been a very good year with a lot of promise.

Agreed 100%

It's been frustrating at times but overall this has been a really good year for us.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Agreed 100%

It's been frustrating at times but overall this has been a really good year for us.

Overall it's been a good year despite some very real frustrations. There's a lot to build on for next season, so hopefully next year there is more improvement, and onward continuing that trend until we get back to being a team that can make the playoffs year after year. Just got to keep improving, not sliding back.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Would you like to start our GDT on Thursday vs Florida?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Agreed 100%

To me this year was really about the new regime setting the tone in terms of identity, work ethic, etc. And I think they did that. They just need to add some offensive talent up front and I think we're a lot closer to being a good team than a lot of people think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad