Outriders (Multiple Platforms)

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Ill get around to it on gamepass after double-rewards nightfalls end in Destiny 2.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Played a tiny bit this afternoon after putting some hours into the demo. This is my kind of game. Can’t wait to play more.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I've playing it on Game Pass. Cover shooters usually aren't my thing so I'll see how long I stick it out. Playing solo as a technomancer.

I like the world it's building.

I do wish, that while playing solo, I could pause the damn game though. Remarkably irritating to not have that function

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I've playing it on Game Pass. Cover shooters usually aren't my thing so I'll see how long I stick it out. Playing solo as a technomancer.

I like the world it's building.

I do wish, that while playing solo, I could pause the damn game though. Remarkably irritating to not have that function

That and preventing the servers from crapping out. But I guess that’s what happens when it’s on Game Pass.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I just wish I could play the game. It's loads of fun, but, when I can't stay connected for longer then an hour, then what's the point of playing?

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
To those who have played Outriders, is it similar to Destiny? I have seen some videos and I understand its a different setting but it seems like a similar type of game.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I played around 3.5 hours of the demo on Steam. Didn't think I was going to like it (looked like a generic shooter, which is sort of is), but I was pleasantly surprised.

I don't think it's incredible or anything, but it's pretty fun so far.....server issues aside. Always online is an unfortunate choice.

However, with those server issues, I would recommend holding off for a bit. Once that is fixed, I think it's a solid recommend.

To those who have played Outriders, is it similar to Destiny? I have seen some videos and I understand its a different setting but it seems like a similar type of game.

I'd say it's a decent comparison, if Destiny's combat was closer to Mass Effect or Gears of War style (third person, no jumping, cover based) and had a longer campaign.

Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Disastrous opening weekend with these server issues. They did a lot of work on them yesterday hoping to fix the problem but they’ve been out for 2 hours today now.

The game is a lot of fun, though. Once they get this figured out it’ll be great.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Disastrous opening weekend with these server issues. They did a lot of work on them yesterday hoping to fix the problem but they’ve been out for 2 hours today now.

The game is a lot of fun, though. Once they get this figured out it’ll be great.

Yeah the server issues on top of a few other problems (crossplay broken, DX12 performance issues on PC, the occasional glitch that requires relogging) are a major annoyance so far, and keeping me from recommending this at launch. Always online is really holding this thing back.

However, when working, it's pretty fun. Doesn't really do anything innovative or revolutionary, but is a good mix of various elements. Fun enough for me to purchase it, so that's something!

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011

Yes. Always online looter shooter.

Yeah, I think Gears is a much better comparison in terms of play style

I haven't played it, but after watching some gameplay footage on YouTube, Outriders looks like a combination of Gears' 3rd person shooter view combined with Destiny's looter shooter gameplay and classes.

Looks very arcadey, which could be a lot of fun

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Game is very fun. The server issues are really holding it back.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Server issues stink but got in a good 2 hour session tonight with friends. Really enjoying it. This game was not on my radar but Game Pass put it there.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I haven't played it, but after watching some gameplay footage on YouTube, Outriders looks like a combination of Gears' 3rd person shooter view combined with Destiny's looter shooter gameplay and classes.

Looks very arcadey, which could be a lot of fun

It's a third person cover shooter but it's not story driven like gears. It's much more gear driven in the manner of Destiny. Hell, the inventory menu basically is Destiny.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Server issues stink but got in a good 2 hour session tonight with friends. Really enjoying it. This game was not on my radar but Game Pass put it there.

Glad I checked this thread lol. I was thinking about getting the game and didn't know it was on Game Pass, downloading it now.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Is the server problem a Square issue? How much experience do they have in these type of games?

Yup, I believe Square Enix servers are hosting the game.

The servers have been fine the last couple of days...knock on wood. The game is fantastic and fairly bug free, which is nice, because the server issues should be easier to figure out going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad