Outfitting an NHL Goaler

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I don't think we'll ever see goalies like Irbe who would repair their own pads and keep them for multiple seasons ever again.

IrbeStanleyCupFinals02.jpg

Reactions: 19 others

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I wore the same goalie pants for a decade before retiring them. Bought a few replacements since, but none of them feel quite right.

I remember seeing pregame video of Jake Allen suiting up for a game awhile back. I found it interesting that he wore his suspenders over his chest protector.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Interesting. If I had the choice I'd probably keep my gear as long as my team would let me, and I'd have my skates sharpened at 3/8" before every game.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I remember seeing pregame video of Jake Allen suiting up for a game awhile back. I found it interesting that he wore his suspenders over his chest protector.
Thats how they used to wear them back in the day when they essentially wore a blanket for a chest protector, but now it seems like it would be impossible.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I wonder if that's more prevalent than I believed it to be. I might actually try that next time I play just to see if there's a noticeable difference. I've always had my chest protector untucked, but it seems like some of the pros prefer it tucked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad