OT: Outdoor Hockey in Edmonton

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
hey guy, are there any equpment rules for shinny hockey on out door rinks. Helmut etc? thanks.

If you're over 18 most places have no equipment requirements. If you're still a kid you have to wear a lid.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
I havent heard the slight echo of pucks hitting boards or iron, for the ermineskin area, nor duggan.
I might head out and take a look tonight or tomorrow, as there are alot of rinks within five minute walk of eachother.
Ermineskin, blue quill, duggan, greenfiel, aspen garden, royal garden, southgate mall. Are all within a five km radius.

I remember when my friends and i first got cars and wed make the loop to find the best game and cleanest ice. Last class of the day wed already be getting our warmer pants on and doubling up sweaters. :)

supaman

Jan 21, 2007
Edmonton, usually
Grandview is open. Haven't noticed anything else on the southside. Probably gonna bring out the pads either Saturday or Sunday for some fun

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
We should have an HF get together and shinny it up.

How are the northside rinks? I've been itching to get out there since last year was a write off outside.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Not looking good so far with the weather you gotta think.

Hopefully we can get at least one month of January/February with decent weather for the upkeep of outdoor rinks.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Not looking good so far with the weather you gotta think.

Hopefully we can get at least one month of January/February with decent weather for the upkeep of outdoor rinks.

Warm weather is usually good for out door rinks, in that the water melts and freezes nice and flat. However, you can't skate on it. I have been dying to go out last night and tonight, but it will no doubt be a slushy pool.

Sucks. I actually hate this weather, we get all this snow, now it just melts to form giant pools which will just turn into ice.

stevrock

Jun 9, 2013
We should have an HF get together and shinny it up.

How are the northside rinks? I've been itching to get out there since last year was a write off outside.

Goalie here. Usually pretty busy with other commitments, but may be able to make it out a couple of times if it's a boarded rink.

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
Was gunna head to the odr tonight but the one near me closes at 6pm. Are there any decent odrs open until 9 or 10 tonight?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad