Speculation: Outdoor Game Ticket Prices?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I'm not complaining. I'm just saying that these stadium games are old news. Not many people outside of Ottawa will care that there's an outdoor game. Habs fans will tune in because it is their team playing, not because the game is outside at TD Place.

I appreciate the assumption that I don't support the Sens though. I guess going to multiple games at CTC every year, buying a ton of merchandise for my kids, and following the team religiously doesn't mean jack **** because I'm not sporting a stiffy while gently caressing my nut sack because there's an outdoor game in Ottawa.

And don't act like every Habs fan on planet Earth is saving up their nickels right now so they can have a chance to go to this game.

Is it cool for Ottawa to get an outdoor game? Sure. I'll most likely bring my family to Landsdowne to experience the atmosphere and if there are fun things to do, then we'll do those. I'm just of the opinion that these games aren't that big of an attraction to people who are OUTSIDE of the city where they are hosted.

Melnyk said that this game will elevate the status of the franchise around the league, or in Canada, or whatever. C'mon man. No it won't. No one in Edmonton who isn't a Sens or Habs fan is going to wake up on Dec 17th, 2017 and say, "Hot dang! It's outdoor game day in Ottawa! WOOOOOO!!!"

Did I call you out specifically? I don't know you, your ticket buying or supportive tendencies (good for you that you support the team, etc). I have less of an issue with someone like yourself saying "I'm not interested in an outdoor game" than some others that are complaining about price for a once in a blue moon event.

There is no way you can say that I'm wrong that the event will be crawling with Habs jerseys. There are tens of thousands of Habs fans in the city already, they don't need to travel. But make no mistake that they get an absolute kick out of taking over our city for big games.

Mika is right, this fanbase (not you specifically, Zorf), is just cheap and seemingly entitled. What do people want, 50 dollar tickets? Get real.

If I am able to get any I'll sell them at a huge markup to habs fans. If you can't keep em out, fleece em.

Aaaand there you go. Rather make a buck than support the team. Point proven.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
As for saying Ottawa is cheap maybe but lets not forget many Habs fans said ticket prices for the world juniors should be no more then $5 if that's not being cheap not sure what is.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
As for saying Ottawa is cheap maybe but lets not forget many Habs fans said ticket prices for the world juniors should be no more then $5 if that's not being cheap not sure what is.

Haha true, but in Montreal, it's Habs or bust. Clearly not a "hockey" city. Ottawa in that regard is. But we just sometimes have trouble spending what much of the rest of the league does on pro hockey.

I'm not saying everyone is in this camp. But there is a portion of the fan base who is.

Edit: I can't blame folks for not shelling out tons of money for a mid week game in December, but this is a huge spectacle that will be widely remembered for a long time in this city. I guess if you don't have a huge connection to the city, it's fair. But I grew up here and bleed Sens, so I don't have an issue throwing down the cash for an Ottawa AND Sens-based major event. To me, it's like overpaying to see AC/DC or the Stones or something.

If someone can't afford it then they can't afford it. But to me, it's like overpaying to see AC/DC or the Stones or something. It is worth overpaying (if you have that money in the budget).

Last edited:

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Haha true, but in Montreal, it's Habs or bust. Clearly not a "hockey" city. Ottawa in that regard is. But we just have trouble spending what much of the rest of the league does on pro hockey.

I'm not saying everyone is in this camp. But there is a portion of the fan base who is.

There is a % of the population that is cheap but every city has that issue it just gets more media play in Ottawa.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
There is a % of the population that is cheap but every city has that issue it just gets more media play in Ottawa.

Exactly. Montreal STH sell their tickets left and right all the time. It's just they sell them to other Habs fans so no one notices that.
Here we have 100000 habs and 100000 leafs fans in the area and most of them can see their team play live 2-3 times a year max. Of course they will jump on any opportunity to get those tickets and fill the building. There is absolutely nothing you can do about it, other than win them or their kids over as fans or wait until they slowly die out over time.
Saying that sens fans are cheaper than other fans is just stupid.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Exactly. Montreal STH sell their tickets left and right all the time. It's just they sell them to other Habs fans so no one notices that.
Here we have 100000 habs and 100000 leafs fans in the area and most of them can see their team play live 2-3 times a year max. Of course they will jump on any opportunity to get those tickets and fill the building. There is absolutely nothing you can do about it, other than win them or their kids over as fans or wait until they slowly die out over time.
Saying that sens fans are cheaper than other fans is just stupid.

Most Ottawa reporters/news people are from Toronto/Montreal so for them its easy to bash Ottawa and it plays well in the media.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad