Out of towner - Oilers@Blues Wednesday

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Easiest parking for me (out of towner) is parking at the train station and waking over to STC. Parking fees aren't bad. You can also get a parking pass too and park in the STC complex. I tend to stick to close by as I'm not overly confident in my familiarity of Stl lol

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
There are a lot of $5 and $10 lots close to the arena.

The game is on Thursday though, not Wednesday.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
As for the AYCE, you show up a bit early and you go to your section, you're free to walk around and stuff. There's a giant ring behind your seats that only people in those sections are allowed in, bathrooms included so less lines (best part, honestly) and then at one end of the giant circle there's the place with all the food.

They do bring beer to you at the seat, but not food (last time I was there, it was changed from two seasons ago).

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Coming from Illinois side myself, always found parking at the Queen and riding the Metro to the game easy for me, but, I would take other's advise before mine.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
If you get there about a half hour or so early, it's 10? bucks for parking directly across the street at City Hall. Might be 12 or 15. You really won't be at a loss for ten-ish dollar parking within a couple blocks as long as you don't show up right as the game is starting. Union Station will still have parking if you show up late, though, so that's a good back-up.

Girth Butcher

Mar 15, 2014
St. Louis
Get there early

The NHL has added metal detectors as an added safety measure. This is the he first "real game" that the system will be used for all guests. I went last week and the lines weren't too bad, but that was a preseason game and not a sellout. I would suggest getting in at least 1 hour before face off to hit the buffet.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Easiest parking for me (out of towner) is parking at the train station and waking over to STC. Parking fees aren't bad. You can also get a parking pass too and park in the STC complex. I tend to stick to close by as I'm not overly confident in my familiarity of Stl lol

Quit telling people about the train station! lol

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Oh nevermind...thought you were talking about my secret parking area lol. $3 and only a minute away from the rink.
Oh haha. I've had people tell me where to park and I always just end up at US lol.... conform zone

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
When I have a chance to go, I usually just park over on Chouteau for free and walk the 6 blocks or so to the stadium. Same for the few Cardinals games that I make it to every year.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
I park at the rock climbing place for free and walk through US. Not too bad. Hopefully I don't get shot Thursday.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
What's with the shakey knees? I went last year in Oct when all the protesting and rioting was happening....not a single issue or problem...... drove around the area quite a bit too

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
I'm coming in from Edmonton for the game on Wednesday. Any tips on parking?

As well, seats are Club Corner 11X - All You Can Eat. Any idea how the AYCE works?
I agree with the others that the best parking is Union Station. Parking is relatively cheap, it's not terribly difficult to get out after the game, and it'll be obvious where you're supposed to go (just follow all of the Blues jerseys). You could also park in the main lot, which is directly opposite the Scottrade Center parking garage. It's gated and has security, if you care about that sort of thing, and it's a really short walk to the arena, but it costs at least $20.

Doors to the arena open about an hour before the game, at which time you'll have access to the AYCE stuff. You'll sit in a section that's walled off from the rest of the seats. When you come in from the main concourse, you'll take stairs up to the seats. You can then take another set of stairs up to a "ring" which houses the club suites, as well as bathrooms and bars. At one of the ends of the arena (I can never remember which), you'll find the Bud Light Zone, which is where most of the free food is. They have entrees that change every game (last time I went, they had some kind of chinese stir fry, a carving station, a sandwich station, and hot dogs and brats, among other things. There's also a variety of appetizers, e.g. toasted ravioli, nachos, etc. You can also watch the game from the Bud Light Zone, but the view isn't that great.

When you're sitting in your actual seats, you can get drinks and popcorn. A new rule this year is that they give each person three tickets for alcoholic beverages (non-alcoholic drinks are unlimited, I believe); additional drinks must be paid for. Beer is limited to Budweiser products, unfortunately, and "wine" is just those little Sutter Home bottles.

Hanging out in the Bud Light Zone can pay dividends, though. During the pre-season, I saw Ryan Reaves and a number of prospects grabbing food, which was pretty cool. You might catch one of the players in the press box if you go at the right time.

Last edited:

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
Great atmosphere. Tons of great hockey fans. Enjoyed my stay. Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread with helpful tips.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad