Out of Town (where games matter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Taylor Hall points streak ended. He faced a lot of Dustin Byfuglien tonight. Big Buff caught him with a good open ice hit, which hurt him a bit. Also took the time to deliberately fall on Hischier, which made the kid wince on the bench. Jets knocked Zajac out of the game too.

With the Jets missing two of their top 4 centres, Devils carried the pace of the game, they sure can fly out there. Hellebuyck was the better goalie head to head with Schneider.

Paul Stastny with another assist, keeping up his PPG pace, and +2.

Reactions: PaulD

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Could very well happen. And that's all on Geoff MOlson. Who was dumb enough to give a 5-year extension. And who was dumb enough to accept the 5-year extension given by Bergie to Julien.

And once that's settled, that's it. I can only see another guy being appointed to the job.....Dale Tallon. If he wants to be the GM of his home province.

.Marty Brodeur.He been learning last couple years and knows what winning teams should look like .

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Giving a 1st and 2nds for Hamomic was bad.

Desperate yes. Bad no. Considering Schenn cost 2 1sts, Ryan Reaves went for a 1st, and Bergevin was going to give up his 1st for Scandella, i'd say it's somewhere in between. Hamonic gave the Flames a top 4 d, which has improved their team. Flames just don't have a lot of talent up front. Bennett has regressed, Brouwer was a Free agent bust. Mike Smith has been one of the better goalies this year, and anyone who has played goal with him out, have been a drastic decline. Smith's coming back, Bishop is out. I would like to see them sneak in. Could pull off an upset. With their seasoned vets.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Taylor Hall points streak ended. He faced a lot of Dustin Byfuglien tonight. Big Buff caught him with a good open ice hit, which hurt him a bit. Also took the time to deliberately fall on Hischier, which made the kid wince on the bench. Jets knocked Zajac out of the game too.

With the Jets missing two of their top 4 centres, Devils carried the pace of the game, they sure can fly out there. Hellebuyck was the better goalie head to head with Schneider.

Paul Stastny with another assist, keeping up his PPG pace, and +2.

Byfuglien and hellebuyck are the wildcards for the jets playoff hopes.

Buff is capable of being a dominant dman, but he can also be exposed with headscratching brain cramps. Can buff put it all together in the playoffs?

Is hellebuyck ready for playoff hockey or will lack of experience hurt him?

If these two elements go the right way for the jets, and scheifele is healthy, look out.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It makes no sense though. This cancer helped take an 8th seed to a Cup Final....then the same cancer helped his team to a 1 seed? How is it that Nashville is improving with the cancer on their roster? Makes no sense. :eek:

I'm rooting for Nash 1st, then Tampa for the Cup.
And doing it as one of their best scorer at times. He is only 1 pt away from tying their top scorer. This is also, as RickP mentioned, while being a bit unlucky with points. He has created so many good plays that could have earned him an assist but didn't this year.
PK is having a monster year.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Byfuglien and hellebuyck are the wildcards for the jets playoff hopes.

Buff is capable of being a dominant dman, but he can also be exposed with headscratching brain cramps. Can buff put it all together in the playoffs?

Is hellebuyck ready for playoff hockey or will lack of experience hurt him?

If these two elements go the right way for the jets, and scheifele is healthy, look out.

Good observation. Buff was awful for the Jets last time they were in the playoffs. Right now he is dominating night in night out.

Hellebuyck has been great this year, but the last Preds game he was the difference in the loss. I think if those two met up in the playoffs it would be one of the most entertaining series in recent history.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Subban is really unlucky with assists this year. Contributed to so many goals without getting points. He only has 12 secondary assists so far this year...
as could be said about every offensive dman in the league (just missed as assist on that goal)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Marty Brodeur has barely any experience. No thank you. Nope. Do not want Bergevin version 2

Also they are gonna fire an icon like Brodeur when he's horrible? No chance. His leash would be longer than Marc's.

An educated person who has been in a management team for a long time.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
If Marc Bergevin quit due to personal reasons and Julien BriseBois was available for interview, do you think Geoff Molson would actually hire him?

He's probably convinced he has two candidates already in Mellanby and Timmins, there's HOF guys like Roy and Brodeur around, and he will probably interview Pierre McGuire again. Maybe he talks to Quintal as well.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
If Marc Bergevin quit due to personal reasons and Julien BriseBois was available for interview, do you think Geoff Molson would actually hire him?

He's probably convinced he has two candidates already in Mellanby and Timmins, there's HOF guys like Roy and Brodeur around, and he will probably interview Pierre McGuire again. Maybe he talks to Quintal as well.

I have 0 doubts Brisebois is not getting hired by Molson.

They had the chance, but didn't like his plan for the team.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Sharks Core players

Center - Pavelski, Couture, Thorton, Hurtl
Wing - Kane, Hurtl
Defence - Burns, Valsic
Goal - Jones

Yes I can see why the you would glorify the habs and rip this team in the same breath.

Not Cup contender in San Jose, but world beaters compared to the limp habs roster.

If MB had a core like the Sharks he would not be able to fit his head through the doors of the Bell Center ad he would have a 25 year extension from Molson already signed.

I never “ripped” SJ so I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings. All I said was that SJ isn’t this bastion of incredibleness. Thornton is about to retire and he’s arguably their best player. Burns is older than Weber is and we all know how much we hear about his window. Price is superior than Jones and SJs prospect pool isn’t the greatest either to replenish an aging core. Not to mention Tavares would take home less money and play in another non hockey market which apparently is something he wants to get away from and play in a more traditional hockey environment.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Sharks Core players

Center - Pavelski, Couture, Thorton, Hurtl
Wing - Kane, Hurtl
Defence - Burns, Valsic
Goal - Jones

Yes I can see why the you would glorify the habs and rip this team in the same breath.

Not Cup contender in San Jose, but world beaters compared to the limp habs roster.

If MB had a core like the Sharks he would not be able to fit his head through the doors of the Bell Center ad he would have a 25 year extension from Molson already signed.
Pavelski is still a very good player but not what he used to be.

Couture - agreed, core player
Thornton - come on...core?
Hertl - his career high is 21 goal and 46pts...meh
Kane is a recently acquired UFA-to-be, hardly a core player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad