Out of Town Thread Part XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Watching how dominant Scheifele and Barkov makes me wonder if Kotkaniemi will ever be as good as them. Those two are just dominant in every facet of the game. Not saying it's impossible, in fact, Scheifele was heavily criticized early on too.

It's a very good question. Funny how 12 months changes things eh? I still have hope with Kotkaniemi but I feel he will take a while and longer than some of our fan base has patience for. Hope the kid can handle the scrutiny while he gains physical strength and heads towards age 21/22. I think that's where we potentially see what he can be. Lets see where he is at at the ends of this season.

Physical strength and power skating edge work needs to improve! Skill and hockey IQ is there for sure.

Reactions: jaffy27

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
It's a very good question. Funny how 12 months changes things eh? I still have hope with Kotkaniemi but I feel he will take a while and longer than some of our fan base has patience for. Hope the kid can handle the scrutiny while he gains physical strength and heads towards age 21/22. I think that's where we potentially see what he can be. Lets see where he is at at the ends of this season.

Physical strength and power skating edge work needs to improve! Skill and hockey IQ is there for sure.

Hockey IQ is the most important ingredient and it can only grow with ice time. If he watches games on TV, his hockey IQ will drop.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hockey IQ is the most important ingredient and it can only grow with ice time. If he watches games on TV, his hockey IQ will drop.

He has two big ingredients for sure (IQ and Talent). But he won't be able to flash it if he can't get an edge in the time and space department. Not saying he needs to be an elite skater but he definitely needs to get physically stronger and better power skating where he can cut and use his body for protection without falling down. If he can accomplish this, I say he will have a complete game and he will be our #1C. Anybody that plays hockey against someone like Kotkaniemi knows how difficult they are to deal with with that long reach and if they are physically strong with good edge work, good luck getting the puck!

His hunger to improve in the areas he is weak at is undetermined. That's the critical area that we don't have answers for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad