Out of Town Thread Part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Looked like Columbus was trying to wear down the Bruins last night.

Could pay off later in the series.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Looked like Columbus was trying to wear down the Bruins last night.

Could pay off later in the series.

I noticed that in the 2nd period, on the other hand I thought they looked more tired than the Bruins in the 3rd and in parts of the OT.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
"The NBC commentators are Bruins fans, it's annoying." posted by FF de Mars. The idiot Milbury even misspoke in his excitement when he started by saying" We are" instead of they are about the Bruins.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
I noticed that in the 2nd period, on the other hand I thought they looked more tired than the Bruins in the 3rd and in parts of the OT.
The Bruins played well and probably should have won in the 1st ot. Bob was the difference.

Boston can win this series but I remember they ran out of gas last year against Tampa, don't know if it will repeat itself.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Players don't need to be big, but we're going to need heavy players.

Aside from Shaw, the forwards are all light and don't hit hard. Will need that for the playoffs if we make it next year. Gives you a chance to injure someone on the other team in a clean manner.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Players don't need to be big, but we're going to need heavy players.

Aside from Shaw, the forwards are all light and don't hit hard. Will need that for the playoffs if we make it next year. Gives you a chance to injure someone on the other team in a clean manner.

I don't know if I would classify shaw as a heavy player, although he uses every pound he has when he plays.

Let's see how the jackets do, because they are a team that has many players who play heavy. Josh Anderson is an animal, then you have guys like Foligno, Dubinsky, and Jenner to go along with other skill guys, and a world class goalie when he's not choking. You also got Jones and werenski on defense.

This roster should be a cup contender now that they seem to have come together, and it's probably within the bruins best interest to end this early, or else that heaviness might start playing a bigger factor.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that the last two teams Tampa has lost to in the playoffs are of the heavier variety.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
It's ironic that Columbus began to improve once they traded away Rick Nash.

An aging rick nash that brought back a package? You could say the same with Pacioretty trade..

The more ironic point should be Islanders are in round 2 ....SANS john tavares... who just got eliminated in round 1 on his new , supposedly much much better, team.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
I still can't get over how terrible the start times of NHL games are. Its just so inconsistent. MLB games are always "first pitch at 7:08" and unless it's raining they always start when they say

Not just that, there should be no game that drops the puck before 4pm ET

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
Two goals in 5+ periods, could see this series being more of the same.

In fairness to Carolina they are missing 5 players now, including the two they lost this game. Islanders have a lot of trouble burying their chances so far.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Two goals in 5+ periods, could see this series being more of the same.

In fairness to Carolina they are missing 5 players now, including the two they lost this game. Islanders have a lot of trouble burying their chances so far.
I don't mind their style, I think it's entertaining :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad