Out of Town Thread Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
I'm talking about teams rehiring coaches that have already been there, which, on a fundamental business level, doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
I don't see an issue with bringing a coach back who was successful with your team in the past. happens all the times with players. There aren't any players left from when JM was last coach. Who was left on the Habs when Julien came back, Markov and Plekanec? I don't know what ST Louis is doing this summer but I don't know why they wouldn't consider Joel Quenneville.

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Dorion talks like he is an authority in the NHL and how things operate. Who the hell is he anyways? The cheap yes man that worked under Murray (and obviously did not learn much from him)

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
One of the saddest, if not the saddest organizations in the NHL....and yes, Boucher is probably ecstatic.
Owning an NHL franchise is one of the best investments. An owner can cripple team and still make a profit because of profit sharing.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Boucher is probably happy to get out of this hell hole.

the odds of him landing other NHL head coaching job .....?

Not too many years ago , he was rumored to be the man to fix Montreal powerplay troubles...lol

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If I'm an Isles fan, I don't care that he decided not to sign with us. I would however be very upset that he gave false hope that he would resign. If he said from the beginning that he planned to leave, then they could trade him for assets instead of losing him for nothing.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
If I'm an Isles fan, I don't care that he decided not to sign with us. I would however be very upset that he gave false hope that he would resign. If he said from the beginning that he planned to leave, then they could trade him for assets instead of losing him for nothing.

Ya agreed , Like if Panarin was to leave Columbus right now , everyone knew he was going to leave. They decided to keep him . But Tavares was just a rat

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
2uyycp.jpg

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Tonight we should be cheering for:
Buffalo
New Jersey (Philly has a slim chance to make it, but still a chance)
NY Islanders
St. Louis

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Lol PIT 44 shots 61% faceoff and 2/3 power play. Lost in OT

Murray goalies tonight. Wonder if they'll use DeSmith tomorrow

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
So Boucher fired? Yeah, he's the problem.
I laughed at Doiron when he said he slept on it and then informed Mr Melnyk:laugh: What a f***ing joke, like he really has any input in what is going on in that gong show! That franchise will fold and probably end up south of the border. I would love to see it end up in QC, we need it to for many reasons.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Owning an NHL franchise is one of the best investments. An owner can cripple team and still make a profit because of profit sharing.

Also, if they don't get the arena deal they want they can pick up and leave. For some reason, I wonder if Melnyk is purposely driving this team into the dust so he can move it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad