Out of Town thread part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesmondDekker

Let's diddly go !
Sep 11, 2006
Canada
Don’t know if this was posted already, but Xhekaj now owns the Senators according to Wikipedia :laugh:
A18A345B-42E3-4581-B968-C451AAD7BBE8.png

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
That Ian Cole story is something else. It's f***ing disgusting, heads should roll and Cole should go to prison. The most worrying part is the fact teammates knew about it and shrugged it off. There needs to be a deep investigation and I believe that the players who had knowledge of the events should be suspended without pay until it's over. I don't know about the US criminal code but knowing about a criminal act and keeping it to yourself is against the law here.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I give up on discussing these things on the main board. People ask for sources for commonly known information like police committing more crimes than the general population percentage wise, namely domestic and sexual violence. They're unwilling to understand how much more difficulty women face in society for almost every single aspect of life, including reporting crimes.

Half the thread is people dumping on the woman and demanding she be punished if it's false. I don't know if it's how poor the American education system is or what. The attitude they show is exactly why people are scared to come forward and report sexual assaults.

The NHL has never been this quick to act on accusations before, I'm not even slightly doubting Cole is guilty, though I am not accusing or shaming him until he is proven so. Carolina just let him go for having an affair with a staff member.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
That Ian Cole story is something else. It's f***ing disgusting, heads should roll and Cole should go to prison. The most worrying part is the fact teammates knew about it and shrugged it off. There needs to be a deep investigation and I believe that the players who had knowledge of the events should be suspended without pay until it's over. I don't know about the US criminal code but knowing about a criminal act and keeping it to yourself is against the law here.
He isn’t guilty yet so let’s just temper our temper’s.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
He isn’t guilty yet so let’s just temper our temper’s.
He should be thrown off the tallest building. And anybody who doubts that anonymous tweet should be thrown of the second tallest building. No guilty judgement needed.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I thought he looked good but I guess theyre giving the spot to Malgin for now and letting him develop more.
They are idiots. Malgin is 25 and has never been anything. He had a good pre season but Robertson led the league in scoring in the pre season.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He should be thrown off the tallest building. And anybody who doubts that anonymous tweet should be thrown of the second tallest building. No guilty judgement needed.
I agree it doesn’t look good but but we need to let this play out in court.

Accusations are made against someone and you’re already drumming a sentence.

Sorry, but everyone has a right to due process, if you don’t believe in this clause then maybe you’ll want to vote in Gaddafi’s kin to rule.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Sorry, but everyone has a right to due process, if you don’t believe in this clause then maybe you’ll want to vote in Gaddafi’s kin to rule.
Lawyers and the NHLPA run the NHL. He wouldn't be suspended if they hadn't seen proof of some crimes.

I've heard it's only for roster technicalities and he'll be in opening lineup.
I don't think there is cap room if Tavares is ready to play.

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018

Ian Cole is 100% a piece of shit, especially with everything that has come out about his cheating with that Carolina staff member, and he's clearly guilty by the public court of opinion. You need the entire process to go through before any punishment is warranted though, it's too easy to look at everything as Black/White on social media. This alleged victim made some very serious allegations, they need to be verified by actual investigators, not just by someone who has a verified twitter handle.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
They are idiots. Malgin is 25 and has never been anything. He had a good pre season but Robertson led the league in scoring in the pre season.

Malgin makes less money & doesn't have performance bonuses.

Robertson also doesn't have to go through waivers.

We'll see if they recall him tomorrow. Could be a cap strategy.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014

Gaddafi was a better ruler than what they currently have but that's another subject.

I should've been more precise. Of course, let the investigation run its course, it goes without saying, but if he's guilty lock him up and throw away the key.

Reactions: jaffy27

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
They are already having cap issues.

It's going to be that way all year for A LOT of teams. Injured players count against the cap. You need to leave injury room. Majority of teams don't have it.

Only reason we're not cooked is because of Price's LTIR & our use of SOIR.

Leafs have said they don't want to use LTIR. You can't accrue cap space on it. As the year goes on, they might be able to build enough cap space to get more roster mobility and have deadline cap space; or everyone gets injured and they don't.

We'll have to see.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
How the hell does MTL get a C for the offseason moves and Leafs get an A lol 🤣

stupid-ignorant.gif

LV426

Oct 28, 2021
New Brunswick
How the hell does MTL get a C for the offseason moves and Leafs get an A lol 🤣

View attachment 592361
It's TSN. Their beloved Leafs can do no wrong.

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
I give up on discussing these things on the main board. People ask for sources for commonly known information like police committing more crimes than the general population percentage wise, namely domestic and sexual violence. They're unwilling to understand how much more difficulty women face in society for almost every single aspect of life, including reporting crimes.

Half the thread is people dumping on the woman and demanding she be punished if it's false. I don't know if it's how poor the American education system is or what. The attitude they show is exactly why people are scared to come forward and report sexual assaults.

The NHL has never been this quick to act on accusations before, I'm not even slightly doubting Cole is guilty, though I am not accusing or shaming him until he is proven so. Carolina just let him go for having an affair with a staff member.
Can you imagine how it feels to be a woman reporting this? They get their reputation ripped to shreds. his team mates ignoring what he’s bragging on is a disgrace, hockey really needs to take a look at itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad