HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
They're not better off, but they've played better since he's been out. I think they would have played better regardless, but that's what people are saying.
Not sure how good they've been when their opponent is completely lost and Leafs still haven't scored. Couldn't get anything going on a 4-minute PP.
Matthews is such a weapon in the offensive zone.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
They're not better off, but they've played better since he's been out. I think they would have played better regardless, but that's what people are saying.
I don’t think the Leafs are playing much better, they’re just playing tighter then the typical pond hockey system they’ve played the last 8 years in the playoffs with Matthews out.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
I don’t think the Leafs are playing much better, they’re just playing tighter then the typical pond hockey system they’ve played the last 8 years in the playoffs with Matthews out.

I think the Leafs look better tonight. The rest of the series I don't think either of them looked better.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Leafs Nation giving their best and still can’t score. I think it’s a matter of time before Boston gets one in and completely breaks Toronto’s momentum.
God I hope so! maybe a nice short handed goal on one of Torontos guaranteed many up coming powerplays :)

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Leafs Nation giving their best and still can’t score. I think it’s a matter of time before Boston gets one in and completely breaks Toronto’s momentum.
Yeah that is the issue. It doesn't matter one bit if shots are 90-3 if it is still 0-0. One lucky bounce from Boston and it's 1-0 with less than half a game to go.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Not sure how good they've been when their opponent is completely lost and Leafs still haven't scored. Couldn't get anything going on a 4-minute PP.
Matthews is such a weapon in the offensive zone.

They're offense has struggled to produce, no doubt, but they are definitely the better team out there and that's pretty clear.

The B's are trying to be a counter punch team, and have let the leafs control the puck and ice.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Boston seems done. It's as if they gave it all during the reg season and start of the series and just don't have another gear.

Not a lot of skill. They should probably rebuild again. I don't see how they improve. Their specialty teams really help them during regular season, and goaltending, but they're not contenders. First round fodder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad