HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Lehkonen is so clutch. I despise the fact we traded him.
He was a 30 point player here. He’s a perfect fit for the Avs but he was never hitting those numbers in Montreal, we don’t have the same talent level.

Plus look at his games played. He’s getting hurt every season now due to his style of play. It’s not going to get better.

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I personally have a hard time hating on the Dirty Bruins. I always respect a well run organization. They just always figure out a way to stay relevant. In a cap era that's such a rare accomplishment.

Hopefully we will have our moment soon, I think we are in good hands with that Boston guy.
Ever since guys like Shawn Thornton, prime Lucic and Ference left, there isn't really any reason for me to hate the Bruins. Marchand is annoying but he's a good player at least. I also give them props for being able to remain competitive for such a long time in the cap era.

The Leafs on the other hand, the huge hype they get from the media gives me plenty of reasons to root against them. When grinders like Reaves are being treated like a key acquisition and a potential impactful player in the playoffs, you know the hype machine has gone too far.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
He was a 30 point player here. He’s a perfect fit for the Avs but he was never hitting those numbers in Montreal, we don’t have the same talent level.

Plus look at his games played. He’s getting hurt every season now due to his style of player. It’s not going to get better.
and Habs likely finish higher in the standings than they have been and get worse picks.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

Plus look at his games played. He’s getting hurt every season now due to his style of player. It’s not going to get better.
I really like Lehky but he wasn't going to be put up the points or show off his playoff abilities if we kept him. It made sense to trade him. Whether the return we got for him pans out is another question.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Goes to show how much better McDavid is vs his peers, and the true importance of secondary scoring during playoffs

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Happy to see the success that Lehkonen has found in Colorado. I remember how many people on this board criticized him and now are dumbfounded as to why we ultimately got fleeced in a trade.
He would have never found this level of success playing with mediocre players in Montreal. Too bad we wasted money on guys like Alzner, Gallagher, Anderson, Armia and watched Danault, Lehkonen, Markov leave.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Meanwhile, Keefe post game:

View attachment 861123

Seriously? What game was he f***ing watching? You can definitely question their effort. Keefe is a f***ing moron.
It's clear he doesn't control that room. I remember a few years ago when he had to walk back some "tough comments" he made post game about Matthew's and Marner. It was clear then that there is just no authority or accountability in that locker room. I'm not a big fan of old school coaches but that locker room could use a guy like Torts, they need a kick in the pants.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
The most perplexing thing for me is that the Leafs went into this season knowing the same core and coach hasn't gotten them anywhere and they just made minor tweaks and expected something different to happen. It's the same thing they do every year and despite mounting evidence, they just hold firm.

Bowing out in 5 in embarrassing fashion is what they actually lead long term. There is a new head of MLSE who is probably looking to put his mark on the team, this would give him the window to.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Happy to see the success that Lehkonen has found in Colorado. I remember how many people on this board criticized him and now are dumbfounded as to why we ultimately got fleeced in a trade.
He would have never found this level of success playing with mediocre players in Montreal. Too bad we wasted money on guys like Alzner, Gallagher, Anderson, Armia and watched Danault, Lehkonen, Markov leave.
I recall a majority of folks thought it would be bad if Hughes didn't trade him because he didn't fit in our timeline, would be another middle 6 winger that we had a bunch of and we didn't have the cap space he'd probably want due to the likes of Armia and Gallagher on the team. It's easy to say we should have kept him but that ignores the fact he wouldn't have has the same success here. Look at Drouin, no way was he putting up the stats he had this season if he resigned here for another season.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It was a dumb idea to trade him. Real dumb
He would have done well with the scoring talents we have now. He was going to be a RFA the summer of the year he was traded but Hughes was in salary shedding mode and unfortunately chose the wrong guy to send out.

He should have waited an extra year. He got schooled by the Avs — live and learn, it was a rookie GM mistake.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He’s a mediocre playoff performer but not a terrible one. In the right club he could be amazing.

It’s not going to happen with the club they have there now though.
Still mediocre’s bad enough. Regular season will come back and I’ll have to hear how he’s in the same league as McDavid and all that nonsense.

Patches went to good teams with real Cs and still was a pretty poor playoff performer.

Plus that contract is beyond awful. 16 mill and you couldn’t even lock him up long term? I wouldn’t want him.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad