HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
So uh, do you guys think the Leafs would take our 5th for Marner?

(Runs to take cover)
I'd obviously trade more. But unless he is willing to sign for Suzuki money, he is not worth anything in my opinion. Great regular season player. Absolute albatross in playoffs.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Reading the Leafs thread and by golly...I think I feel empathy!
Someone bumped a thread on Hyman. At the time everyone there wanted to keep him, I remember he was a pain to play against in the 2021 series with the Habs. That's the kind of guy teams need in the playoffs.

I wish Brian Burke was still on HNIC, would like to hear his truculent opinion of the Leafs.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yes, I think there’s a market for a 100 point, 26 year old winger.
I gotta be honest, I don’t give a shit about his 100 points. He’s absolute garbage in the playoffs. He’s entitled, spoiled and has a terrible attitude. He’s a cancer and I wouldn’t want him near my team.

I wouldn’t give up anything for him. Certainly not at the money he wants.
Makes a ton of sense for him to want to go to either...
- cap room to pay him top $ LT extension
- zero media spotlight/pressure
- SoCal weather, Utah tax benefits
- both are set up with prospects/picks to build a contender around him

They are literally the two best options for a player/person like him to want to go to given his career situation & experience thus far
I don’t see it. He’s got a huge ego. I don’t think he goes anywhere. And I certainly don’t see him going to a rebuilding club.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I am thinking leafs will pull a monkey out of their collective ass and win this series. Boston now thinks it's easy cruising, will blow game 5, give laffs the momentum, Woll will play WAY better than Samsonov, Matthews will get over his shit runs and boom! Laffs in 7. I have a feeling.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
When we have a line up with 4, maybe 5 HOFrs we can compare ourselves to

I wouldn’t touch him with a ten foot pole.
So you wouldn't touch to Auston Matthews either cause he is even worse than Marner in the playoffs.

..but he is 6.3 right and Marner is small right..?

Big tall guys like Joe Thornton Matthews etc are often awful in the playoffs and smal guys like St louis, Kucherov, Briere etc are great cause they their entire career with adversity

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I am thinking leafs will pull a monkey out of their collective ass and win this series. Boston now thinks it's easy cruising, will blow game 5, give laffs the momentum, Woll will play WAY better than Samsonov, Matthews will get over his shit runs and boom! Laffs in 7. I have a feeling.
Boston management learned alot after blowing a series lead against Florida last year. They won't get complacent. If Toronto wins this series it won't because Boston went on easy cruise mode.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Hear on some leafs reactions that Willy the Buckethead was saying "Stop crying, this isn't junior anymore"... presumably to Marner. Lol if that's true.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
So you wouldn't touch to Auston Matthews either cause he is even worse than Marner in the playoffs.

Big tall guys like Joe Thornton Matthews etc are often awful in the playoffs and smal guys like St louis, Kucherov, Briere etc are great cause they their entire career with adversity

I’d take Matthews all day long. He just needs some rugged wingers to help. He’s a great player who is on the wrong team.

Marner is a self entitled spoiled brat who’s a cancer that demands too much money and doesn’t show up when it matters. I’d much rather build through the draft than add him.

Last edited:

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

NO it's little interest because he won't take a hit to make a play. The other players you mentioned would.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad