HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Really? Extra day off between games 3 and 4 and again between games 4 and 5. I guess gone are the days when teams played playoff games every 2nd night.
That idiot Montgomery was whining about there being more days off when they were in Toronto. The NHL should have told him to shutup. The networks and venue availabilty decide when the games are played

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
In Matthews' defense I had gastro 2 weeks ago and I thought I was going to die. I literally shit so much I lost consciousness right off the toilet. Not even joking. Worst part is this is the 2nd time this happened in the last year. Two kids in daycare.
Yeah, I don't get the hate on Mathews, at least he's shown up this series (to a point).

Keefe's line choice, and lack of imagination on the PP, plus the fact their stars can't play well together this series, is what is killing this team.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
That idiot Montgomery was whining about there being more days off when they were in Toronto. The NHL should have told him to shutup. The networks and venue availabilty decide when the games are played
Every since coach complains about something. Sometimes it's used to deflect from a team issue, sometimes it's in hope of getting calls.

Whatever Montgomery has done has worked to plan so far.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Yeah, I don't get the hate on Mathews, at least he's shown up this series (to a point).

Keefe's line choice, and lack of imagination on the PP, plus the fact their stars can't play well together this series, is what is killing this team.
1 cherry picking breakaway goal in 4 games isn’t really showing up.
But better than Marner I guess.

Reactions: Rozz

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
1 cherry picking breakaway goal in 4 games isn’t really showing up.
But better than Marner I guess.
But if he's truly sick, then it's hard to know just how much he's playing through.

Mathews is absolutely lethal, but sometime happened over this past week where he is just a shell of himself, so that why I think something more is going on with his health.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
The Bruins are in the exact same position they were in a year ago against Florida and with a better roster then.

The trouble for the Leafs is they don't have Bob playing in vintage form.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
In Matthews' defense I had gastro 2 weeks ago and I thought I was going to die. I literally shit so much I lost consciousness right off the toilet. Not even joking. Worst part is this is the 2nd time this happened in the last year. Two kids in daycare.
I had food poisoning a month ago and was up at 7 for my prep shift. You just push through, especially if you're paid 13 fkn millions in a do or die.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
HuGo just needs to hold up the leafs as a cautionary tale on how not to build a contender
Tavares signing was a disaster - way too much money on a team that already. had depth @ Centre.
Too much money for 4 guys who all essentially play the same way.
Marner's a 100 point, regular season ballerina.
you don't win in the playoffs with guys like this.
They keep plugging 3rd and 4th lines that don't really contribute.
they haven't developed a dman of any talent since Reilly.
And they never had a goalie like price or swayman for instance who can mask the warts.
Additionally, to go places in the playoffs you need some f***ing assholes on your team - during covid run we had (younger) eddy and- chiarot and weber -
today, Boston has marchand and pasta plays with an edge -McAvoy too...
florida's culture changed with Tkachuk trade, TB plays filthy and does whatever it takes to win...

Habs need to make sure they have several of these types of players going forward or else we aren't making any deep runs in the playoffs , imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad