HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Kadri became better later on but he was definitely a decent 2nd liner. Those stupid penalties is what ran him out of town.

If you can add a player of Tavares caliber you do it right away. The issue is that they had a smaller window due to cap restrictions.

I think asset management was the issue . Either sign Tavares and if after 2 years it doesn't work out trade him for a haul or get rid of one of the core 3. Either way you would have gained something for free.
I expect Tavares has a NMC.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Good point, I think under Uncle Lou it would have played out differently. Still it's hard to say no to someone like Tavares.

They had guys like Marleau, Plekanec, JVR. Nothing wrong with them but I think they wanted to take that next step and get a more established (younger) player.
thats fine but they obviously didnt have a committed plan from the start. hugo at least told everyone that they want an accelerated rebuild which shows with acquisitions like Dach and Newhook and why I believe they'll do the same this offseason for another young forward. they just went with the flow and instead got tempted by quick results. Remember when babcock told everyone that there's gonna be pain? Well that only lasted one year. Even if you go by Pierre Mcguire's 7 player profile, they were always missing 3. they didnt have 3 when they signed tavares and they dont have 3 now. Total failure of a franchise and will be a great case study for future teams to analyze on how not to approach a rebuild

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad