HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Yeah, the teams that used Arizona as a cap dump are screwed. Chicago doesn't seem to want to do that. No one else is going to use their cap space that way. Maybe San Jose, they have a ton of space now & are still rebuilding.

We don't need to trade Price anyway.
Yes. There is only 2 years left on his contract. If it is a problem next off season they could move him and 1 year of cap shouldn't be that expensive to move.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yes. There is only 2 years left on his contract. If it is a problem next off season they could move him and 1 year of cap shouldn't be that expensive to move.

Especially after they pay his signing bonus. His actual salary is $2m, which majority will be covered by insurance. It's essentially free cap for a team that needs to reach the floor for one year.

I fully expect us to trade Price summer of 2025 due to a rising cap floor, and teams that are rebuilding, like Chicago, San Jose not able to actually reach it.

Price's contract is the least of our worries.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Especially after they pay his signing bonus. His actual salary is $2m, which majority will be covered by insurance. It's essentially free cap for a team that needs to reach the floor for one year.

I fully expect us to trade Price summer of 2025 due to a rising cap floor, and teams that are rebuilding, like Chicago, San Jose not able to actually reach it.

Price's contract is the least of our worries.
I wasn't worried. I just wanted a power forward.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Man... Hyman is sick. What makes me smile is that leafs lost him for literally nothing and kept Marner.
Imagine letting a 50+ goal scorer just walk. Love it!
welllllllll he wasn't a 50G scorer yet. playing with McDavid will do that for you. i could probably score 10G over the course of 82 games and i haven't skated since i was 8 years old

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Well, 2nd intermission. Still 2-1 Winnipeg.

I'm not going to bother with the Edmonton game. They're leading 3-0 still. 2nd period has started.

Nevermind, it's 3-1. Doughty has scored. 14 minutes left in 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad