HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
sorry to ask a dumb ?, is amazon prime the same as prime video?
Prime Monday Night Hockey will stream all national regular season Monday night NHL games in English for the 2024/25 and 2025/26 NHL seasons. The deal is the NHL’s first exclusive national broadcast package with a digital-only streaming service in Canada. The Prime Monday Night Hockey package, produced by Prime Video, will feature a new broadcast team offering in-depth analysis and play-by-play coverage, and stream live exclusively to Prime members in Canada.
Yes if you have Amazon prime then you automatically get Prime video so you will be able to watch all Monday Night national games that are on Amazon.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
I streamed over 30,000 minutes of hockey this season. All good.

Attachments

• IMG_0723.png
    IMG_0723.png
    310.1 KB · Views: 2

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
He said the same thing against Tampa. The thing is on the play in question, Bertuzzi didn't need to engage with Marchand at all. He gave Marchand a small crosscheck, the rat gave it back then backed away. Bertuzzi followed him to engage some more and that's when Marchand used the can opener on him.

I thought refs were going to stop play due to both players being idiots, but they didn't. It was play on. I'm fine with that. Marchand is a smaller player. He's going to use his stick to protect himself against Bertuzzi. Byron did the same thing, and got a bit of free reign for it from refs.

Bertuzzi is an idiot for going after Marchand like he is.

Besides, Toronto had 5 PP opportunities and couldn't score on any of them. Plus, their pk sucks.
They're not winners, they're whiners.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Alex Vlasic signed a 6x4.6M with Chicago. That number probably ends up setting the general ballpark for a Guhle extension this summer.
Vlasic really isn't in the same tier as Guhle in terms of potential or actual play (which I'm sure some will debate). He's definitely risen above expectations to be a very good second pairing shutdown guy in his first full year. Guhle's offensive potential is far above Vlasic though. Seth Jones' mini-resurgence has definitely boosted Vlasic's numbers though (and obviously vice-versa, having a shutdown guy let Jones play his game). Not to mention Guhle is younger coming off his second full-time season. Chicago are paying up front hoping Vlasic develops beyond what he is. Vlasic is signing knowing the reality that he only has the opportunity he has because Chicago is a dumpster fire, and could easily become a Kotkaniemi anchor since he only has one season under his belt.

Vlasic's been stapled to Jones, Chicago's only other NHL dman. Guhle has had to carry Savard, rookies, and bottom pairing dmen most of the time, until being swapped to his off-position.

I'd guess Guhle will sign 8 years around 6.5 if they want to buy UFA years. Watching games it's hard to say Guhle doesn't influence the game more than Cole Caufield, but obviously goals are worth more. I almost expect a three or four-year bridge deal to maintain RFA eligibility though, since Guhle has been injured several times already. I think he's a pretty safe bet though compared with Dach or Newhook when we traded for them.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I'd guess Guhle will sign 8 years around 6.5 if they want to buy UFA years.
I don't disagree with much of what you wrote, but this number is what I would call "the general ballpark" when it's 8 vs 6 years. That contract is basically the midpoint between Vlasic and Sanderson.

I am a tad higher on Vlasic, IMO he's a safe bet to be a left handed Brandon Carlo and I'd gladly pay that price for him. Either way I certainly agree Guhle is a step or two above, and I meant that the Vlasic deal probably ends up being a floor for Guhle's agent to work up from.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
This was always the issue. Most people didn't question the Tavares signing at the time, but many people did voice some concerns about whether they really needed him, and the issues with the cap going forward. Those concerns, which mostly looked at the later years of the contract, were dismissed. The issues with the signing started to sprout right away, though, such as needing to trade Marleau for a 1st rounder.

This is a lesson for all teams. Ottawa didn't learn their lesson, and neither did the media, when the Sens signed all those vet forwards. Everyone proclaimed that the summer of Dorion, and it has been a disaster.

Team construction is the most important thing in hockey. You don't take/sign a huge contract just for the sake of it. This isn't like the draft where BPA should rule all.
Your points are valid.

That being said, Tavares got hurt early on. That kind of ruined the whole plan. He came back slower, less effective and still had that big cap hit. I understand the gamble and it made sense…. But yeah, it’s very forward heavy and didn’t work out.

Toronto also couldn’t have known how soft Marner would be in the playoffs. That’s another huge killer. Pittsburgh was able to win two cups with a shoddy D and three great forwards. Getting Tavares (who at one time was a top ten player in the league) seemed like it could put them over… but clearly not. :laugh:

Reactions: Goalfield22

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Alex Vlasic signed a 6x4.6M with Chicago. That number probably ends up setting the general ballpark for a Guhle extension this summer.
Don't get why people compare the two. Guhle is a middle of 1st round pick. Vlasic is a middle of 2nd round pick,. Guhle has shown offense at both NHL level and junior. Vlasic has not shown much offense anywhere he played. Not in university. Not much in AHL. Certainly not not in NHL. Guhle has twice the amont of points as Vlasic with only 17 more games player. Vlasic project as a big 15-20 points stay at home dman while Guhle projects as a 30-35ish points two way dman. If anything this contract is not a good news cause Guhle will ask for more than that so in the ballpark of around 6 millions.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
sorry to ask a dumb ?, is amazon prime the same as prime video?
Prime Monday Night Hockey will stream all national regular season Monday night NHL games in English for the 2024/25 and 2025/26 NHL seasons. The deal is the NHL’s first exclusive national broadcast package with a digital-only streaming service in Canada. The Prime Monday Night Hockey package, produced by Prime Video, will feature a new broadcast team offering in-depth analysis and play-by-play coverage, and stream live exclusively to Prime members in Canada.
I am sure they are but it doesn't mean you won't have to pay for both. All these announcements mean is that we will be paying more to watch the same thing. That what it will boil down to.

What the f*** does a national monday game mean anyway?

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
Your points are valid.

That being said, Tavares got hurt early on. That kind of ruined the whole plan. He came back slower, less effective and still had that big cap hit. I understand the gamble and it made sense…. But yeah, it’s very forward heavy and didn’t work out.

Toronto also couldn’t have known how soft Marner would be in the playoffs. That’s another huge killer. Pittsburgh was able to win two cups with a shoddy D and three great forwards. Getting Tavares (who at one time was a top ten player in the league) seemed like it could put them over… but clearly not. :laugh:
Yeah, Marner has been soft every post-season. They have a chance to avoid the mistake of giving him a huge contract again. That might mean losing him for nothing, but the cap savings would be significant. Toronto won't have issues filling the cap saved from Tavares and Marner with quality players at every position. They can start by keeping Domi and Bertuzzi.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yeah, Marner has been soft every post-season. They have a chance to avoid the mistake of giving him a huge contract again. That might mean losing him for nothing, but the cap savings would be significant. Toronto won't have issues filling the cap saved from Tavares and Marner with quality players at every position. They can start by keeping Domi and Bertuzzi.
To me it was clear long ago that Marner is not going to lead them anywhere. Maybe he can be effective somewhere alongside a power forward but Toronto just doesn’t seem to be the place. I’d have moved him before his NMC kicked in.

I don’t know what you do with him. They’re stuck with the NMC so they can’t do anything unless he approves. I don’t see that happening. So now you… re-sign him? And for how much? He’s going to want another NMC on that deal too. Do you let him walk? Barring an improvement in post season play, he represents a real problem.

Reactions: Goalfield22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad