HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Matthews was invisible in this game for the most part. He also helped create 2 Bruins goals. He knocked Samsonov's stick out of his hand then lost a board battle to Heinen for Bruins game winning goal.

On the 4th goal, Matthews commits an absolute brutal turnover at offensive blueline.

They couldn't get him away from McAvoy, who shut him down. Tavares - Marner are pretty useless.

They really need Nylander to come back to get some secondary scoring.
That McAvoy is a legitimate #1 D.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Man Tavares is going to get nuclear heat in Leafs Nation. He will be the talk of the summer if they lose the series. Reminiscent of when Kovalev bumped into Souray back in 2004. However Kovalev bounced back and became a hero.

I think that penalty might become the defining moment of his tenure in Leafs Nation.
For what? The garbage penalty call against him. I am sure they aleady know he is done as an effective scoring line centre

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Matthews was invisible in this game for the most part. He also helped create 2 Bruins goals. He knocked Samsonov's stick out of his hand then lost a board battle to Heinen for Bruins game winning goal.

On the 4th goal, Matthews commits an absolute brutal turnover at offensive blueline.

They couldn't get him away from McAvoy, who shut him down. Tavares - Marner are pretty useless.

They really need Nylander to come back to get some secondary scoring.
it's beautiful isn't it! :D

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Wonder why the Maple Queefe fans weren't chanting "Sammy" near the end of the game like they were in the 1st and 2nd periods? What a clueless delusional fanbase :laugh::laugh::laugh:

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
For what? The garbage penalty call against him. I am sure they aleady know he is done as an effective scoring line centre
Garbage penalty or not the optics is pretty bad. Dirty Bruins captain leading his team to victory with 2 goals and Leafs Nation captain taking a penalty in the offensive zone.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Don't bet on it. Shanahan probably runs things and he may be buddies with Keefe.

There's new people above Shanny. There's already been reports that everybody might be out if Leafs crash & burn in playoffs again - even Shanny.

Besides, Keefe is Dubas's guy, and not Treliving's or Shanahan's. Dubas was G.M of SSM Greyhounds, and Keefe was his coach. When Dubas joined the Leafs, he hired Keefe as Marlies coach. When he became G.M., he hired Keefe as Leafs coach when Babcock was fired.

If Keefe gets fired, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Dubas fires Sullivan and re-hires Keefe.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Guy Boucher will replace Keefe if they lose in this round or next.
I wouldn't bet on that their PP looks like crap this post season he's the guy responsible he'll get his share of the blame.
First Round Exit = the demise of Shan-a-plan and probably most of those who were installed under him.

Jul 6, 2016
I wouldn't bet on that their PP looks like crap this post season he's the guy responsible he'll get his share of the blame.
First Round Exit = the demise of Shan-a-plan and probably most of those who were installed under him.
Their PP was fine all year long. The guys are just too nervous... as usual in the Playoffs.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Every player on both teams had at least one hit tonight, led by Matthews and McAvoy with 8 each. Leafs outhit the Bruins 68-65. They did a bang up job.

edit:

Courtesy of the Leafs board post game:

Bruins PP - 5 for 10 50%
Leafs PP - 1 for 11 9.1%

If the Leafs can't get their powerplay on track, believe they're cooked.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Pronger was the king of that. He would always slash the top of the skates of whoever was carrying the puck vs him. Nasty SOB he was
Stephens Chelios are others Adam Foote Tinordi's old man... etc. etc. etc.
I'm really hoping Arber Xhekaj will eventually get the officials respect and he'll get away with much more as well.
I pointed out in a game earlier this year continually neutralizing two players in a scrum without starting anything will go a long way with the officials after a while.

Their PP was fine all year long. The guys are just too nervous... as usual in the Playoffs.
That won't change a damn thing.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Stephens Chelios are others Adam Foote Tinordi's old man... etc. etc. etc.
I'm really hoping Arber Xhekaj will eventually get the officials respect and he'll get away with much more as well.
I pointed out in a game earlier this year continually neutralizing two players in a scrum without starting anything will go a long way with the officials after a while.
That game vs Florida this year where Arber and Tkachuk were mixing it up all game was one of my favorites.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad