HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Does anyone in the world actually believe that Mitch Marner is a 10.9 million dollar player. Seriously. He has value. But not more than 7.875 million value.

There's no way I'm giving Marner what Nylander got ($11.5m). If anything, Marner needs a pay cut. $10.9m down to $8.5m. Basically, what players like Stutzle, Kyrou, etc make. They're his comparables. He's better defensively, so maybe $9m.

Reactions: Chili and Gravity

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Someone flatten Marchands nose
200w.gif

Reactions: Habs10Habs

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
That Eddie block shot was a thing of beauty. That's the type of shit that wins series. Leafs until now have been too dumb to realize that. Still hope they lose though.

I actually have them beating Boston then losing to Florida in 2nd round again. I don't see their D or goaltending holding up against Florida's offense, which is much more diverse and way nastier than Boston's. Bruins are basically Montreal when all we had up front was Pacioretty. They have a better player in Pastrnak, but theory is same. Shut Pasta down, shut the Bruins down.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
There's no way I'm giving Marner what Nylander got ($11.5m). If anything, Marner needs a pay cut. $10.9m down to $8.5m. Basically, what players like Stutzle, Kyrou, etc make. They're his comparables. He's better defensively, so maybe $9m.
I could see him get that. If it's us though, I don't go higher than Big Nick. Which means we wouldn't get him. But oh well

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The officiating in this league is designed to see games spiral out of control. Too many softish calls while letting flagrant head shots pass.
I would tell both teams at the out-set the first pop and every pop thrown in a scrum will be penalized.
Dance around all you want or fight if you want but the gratuitous stuff has to go.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I actually have them beating Boston then losing to Florida in 2nd round again. I don't see their D or goaltending holding up against Florida's offense, which is much more diverse and way nastier than Boston's. Bruins are basically Montreal when all we had up front was Pacioretty. They have a better player in Pastrnak, but theory is same. Shut Pasta down, shut the Bruins down.
Yeah...for my pool, I took them beating Bruins, then Tampa and then losing to Carolina. I did that because it would really break their fans hearts. But a first round exit would be sweeter because it is so dejecting. I think I just want them out now. I'll forfeit the 10 bucks for my pool. Lmao

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I could see him get that. If it's us though, I don't go higher than Big Nick. Which means we wouldn't get him. But oh well

He has one more year on his contract and has an NMC. I can't see him agreeing to be traded unless he gets severely criticized for his play-off performance this summer. Even then criticism seems to wash off his back pretty well, which means if they don't sign him, he walks as UFA.

But, seriously, I just don't see how you give that guy $11m+. He's just not worth it.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Need a couple of more Panthers to go down so they don't get out of the 2nd round.

• Haha

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Marchand giving the guys a pep talk telling them that he nose :) they can play much better so get after it.

AM34 hits the post. Bit disappointed Cuthbert didn't say that was post #534 in Auston's career or something like that.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Matthews is finally bringing his game to a playoff one. Toronto will be winning this. I see the Leafs having more jump to their game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad