OT: Out of town scoreboard

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Vegas thinks they’re the biggest and baddest and nobody can touch them. That’s why the best way to play them is HARD and PHYSICAL. Hit the big assholes and their skill players every f***ing time they touch the puck and before you know it they’ll start coughing up the puck at the wrong place and time.

The problem is they are big as f***. Just look at that backline. The key is getting the first goal so they can't turtle. It's amazing how little they give up when they shut it down. I think the only teams that can open them up with blazing speed are Edmonton/mcDavid and Colorado with Mack and Makar. Other teams have to grind it out. It's terryfying to fall behind against them.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
The problem is they are big as f***. Just look at that backline. The key is getting the first goal so they can't turtle. It's amazing how little they give up when they shut it down. I think the only teams that can open them up with blazing speed are Edmonton/mcDavid and Colorado with Mack and Makar. Other teams have to grind it out. It's terryfying to fall behind against them.
They’re not expecting anyone to be able to hit them. That’s why you have to hit them. Sun Tzu.

Reactions: zeroG

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I just don’t see georgiev or the combination of skinner and the oilers backend competing with them. Unless McDavid and drai go god mode on Thompson I just can’t imagine either of those goalies beating a healthy Vegas

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
Vegas looks solid, but Dallas looks washed. Outside of Stankoven, I really don't have a single bright spot for Dallas.
Depth is only useful if its there to complement superstars already in place. Dallas has zero superstars. Florida has at least 2 superstars, arguably 3.

Zito is the number 1 reason i strongly believe in this team's chance to win the Cup every year. Some people in certain industries just get it. Zito is that. We are beyond lucky to have him managing our favorite team. I dont imagine we'll ever see this franchise as a middling or bottom feeder team as long as he's in charge. He's got one foot in the present and the other in the future at all times.

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
Zito saw we were outsized.
This is why I dont see Lorentz coming out of the lineup and Gadjovich being the next man up.

When Bennett is back, I'd be interested in a Gadjovich/Lorentz/Stenlund 4th line.

I had Canes/Stars in September, only feeling good about 50% of that pick right now
I have zero fear of their goaltending. If anything, Kochetkov gives them a better chance to win. But if RBA has an allegiance to Andersen, so be it.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Zito saw we were outsized.

We will be way more ready this year. I just hope we make it and we make it healthy.

Then have Lomborg dust off Kolesar

Absolutely not going to be a doormat but they gave us a real beating last year, blew the doors off. But we're better and more prepared for sure. And true that getting there healthy is the key. Hoping they face some adversity with that too.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Not happy about Vegas looking dominant, but I'm not going to bother worrying about that because we have a tall task ourselves trying to make the SCF for a second straight year. If we end up facing Carolina again, especially in the ECF, they're going to be looking for redemption and it'll be an absolute dog fight to eliminate them yet again.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Not happy about Vegas looking dominant, but I'm not going to bother worrying about that because we have a tall task ourselves trying to make the SCF for a second straight year. If we end up facing Carolina again, especially in the ECF, they're going to be looking for redemption and it'll be an absolute dog fight to eliminate them yet again.
im hopin the rangers beat them in a long series.

For some reason i feel better vs them

Reactions: Vilam

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Dallas really annoying me as I picked quite a few of their players in my hockey pools. They have to got to stop ****ing the bed!

Vegas look good :( Probably repeat champions. Urgh.

Reactions: harv33173

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
Dallas really annoying me as I picked quite a few of their players in my hockey pools. They have to got to stop ****ing the bed!

Vegas look good :( Probably repeat champions. Urgh.
Agreed,

They are looking pretty damn good, which is upsetting considering how they go around the salary cap. Their team is stacked, big, strong and can play pretty much any style. Hope Dallas can stretch the series somewhat and either Colorado/Winnipeg or Edmonton can beat them before the SCF.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
There is nothing more simpering and pathetic than people who aren't even fans of Vegas defending that team clearly and blatantly abusing the LTIR rules in the most shameless fashion possible for a competitive advantage.

Doormat mentality. The type of people who work for a big corporation and work without overtime compensation on Saturdays to 'help out bossman.'

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
The benefit for Vegas is they are giants among a division full of smaller and softer teams.

Playoff teams sorted by weight/height. The bottom 8 teams are Dallas, Vancouver, NYR, Nashville, Carolina, Florida, Colorado, Winnipeg. We know Florida and Carolina don't play soft, and NYR you got Trouba, Rempe, to deal with. So really all the softer/smaller teams in the playoffs are in the West.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I have no confidence in any team in the WC to beat Vegas. Avalanche and Oilers are the two teams that I think can actually score on the Knights, but they have no defense or goaltending. Skinner has reverted to form, and obviously I have zero faith in Georgiev.

Reactions: Vilam

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
For those wondering:

Final Cap hit, top 3 teams per capfriendly:

Toronto - $97,645,821
Tampa - $93,776,877
Vegas - $92,239,581

Florida - $83,572,175 - 16th in the league
I don't have an issue with getting actual LTIR players for assets. Sure it favors richer teams, but it's clear what they are doing and there is no pretense and lying.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Agreed,

They are looking pretty damn good, which is upsetting considering how they go around the salary cap. Their team is stacked, big, strong and can play pretty much any style. Hope Dallas can stretch the series somewhat and either Colorado/Winnipeg or Edmonton can beat them before the SCF.
If they go to the finals I think that the teams in the west are going to push very strong to prevent these douche bags from doing this cap circumvention again. It is complete BS that this goes on and nobody stays a thing. At least Emily Kaplan called them out on it the other day via social media.

The Oil are a fake tough team. Evander Kane tries to be tough, but he just isn’t

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad