New Jersey Washington 7:00 PM ET MSG+, CSN-DC
Pittsburgh Toronto 7:30 PM ET TVA, ROOT-PIT, TSN4
Chicago Detroit 7:30 PM ET CSN-CH, FSN-DET
NY Islanders Florida 7:30 PM ET MSG+2, FSN-FL
Arizona Vancouver 10:00 PM ET FSNPAC

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Carter has 8 points in 13 games + a period so far. Glad he is doing good. Too bad we couldn't keep him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Just crazy end to end action to end this game. Obviously the best way to end it is a shootout :shakehead

Edit: Henry abused on the first attempt. Zuccarelo with one of the worst attempts I've sene.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Carter has 8 points in 13 games + a period so far. Glad he is doing good. Too bad we couldn't keep him.

That's more than Patty, Zubrus, Clowe, Zajac, Ruutu, Brunner, Gionta, etc.

How's that working out for ya Lou and Pete?

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
That's more than Patty, Zubrus, Clowe, Zajac, Ruutu, Brunner, Gionta, etc.

How's that working out for ya Lou and Pete?

well he does get to play with actual players instead of the trash we have here

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Has anyone else realized that Flames fans are always sitting after their team scores a goal at home?

I've noticed it over the years and it is SO weird. I couldn't imagine containing myself like that after a goal haha.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Calgary is having a shockingly good season so far - I chalked them up to a rebuilding team that wouldn't get anything done and they're showing that they can be a lot more than that. Lots of youth in the line up, great speed, and they're getting very solid goaltending from Hiller. They're going to be good before Edmonton

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Calgary is having a shockingly good season so far - I chalked them up to a rebuilding team that wouldn't get anything done and they're showing that they can be a lot more than that. Lots of youth in the line up, great speed, and they're getting very solid goaltending from Hiller. They're going to be good before Edmonton

When more than one third of the teams players are Albertan born, don't you think the heart may make up for the lack of skill. They always put in the effort if you watch them play.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Chessarmy,

To be quite honest, I think Buffalo and the Canes are going to be good BEFORE Edmonton. :laugh:

This is certainly possible - the Oilers are a laughing stock of an organization with zero direction or formula to win other than stockpiling young offensive talent and surrounding them with nothing. They're not going to be good until brand new management comes in and changes the way they do things. Buffalo is pure garbage and so is Carolina, but I can see them rebuilding - along with the Calgary Flames, to playoff team status way before the Oilers.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This is certainly possible - the Oilers are a laughing stock of an organization with zero direction or formula to win other than stockpiling young offensive talent and surrounding them with nothing. They're not going to be good until brand new management comes in and changes the way they do things. Buffalo is pure garbage and so is Carolina, but I can see them rebuilding - along with the Calgary Flames, to playoff team status way before the Oilers.

Buffalo is pretty much legit tanking IMO. I wouldn't be shocked if the players are being told to just coast out there.

Do agree that all those teams will be better before Edmonton. They have zero direction.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm really glad that we didn't bring back Brian now, I don't understand whey he went there aside from 'home'.

People that want to legit tank really don't understand how much of a joke the Sabres are, or the Sixers (the example that is given because of Harris/Blitzer). You not only render the team completely unwatchable for two-three years but you better be as smart as you think you are in building a team AND lottery-lucky or two-three years turn into seven-eight in a hurry. People want to be the Sixers but the guys they're tanking for aren't exactly LeBron, Duncan and Ewing.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm really glad that we didn't bring back Brian now, I don't understand whey he went there aside from 'home'.

People that want to legit tank really don't understand how much of a joke the Sabres are, or the Sixers (the example that is given because of Harris/Blitzer). You not only render the team completely unwatchable for two-three years but you better be as smart as you think you are in building a team or two-three years turn into seven-eight in a hurry.

And you need some luck. You need the kid you are tanking for to develop quickly into a NHL superstar, which isn't guaranteed.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I thought they might have a letdown against the Panthers after all their big wins, but they killed off the penalty at the end of OT and won the skills competition. They're not sinking to irrelevance this year unfortunately.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I thought they might have a letdown against the Panthers after all their big wins, but they killed off the penalty at the end of OT and won the skills competition. They're not sinking to irrelevance this year unfortunately.

Really should of, since that was an ugly blown lead in the third. Halak came up big in OT though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad