GDT: Out of Town Playoffs IV - Farewell Rangers?. LA v NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
So Slash does the anthem for the SCF please?

So many Beanpot and Hockey East rivalries in the SCF.

Quick - UMass Amherst vs Kreider and Boyle - BC and Dom Moore - Harvard (Beanpot).

Going to be a great series.

NiKrejci

May 11, 2009
Hopefully the Bruins were watching these two teams play. We need some legit snipers.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
hope quick reps zoomass right and beats those pansy bc kids

stungun

Feb 28, 2002
Portland, ME
www.seanrileysite.com
Hopefully the Bruins were watching these two teams play. We need some legit snipers.

Hopefully Clode was watching these two coaches run a game. They make game changes and adapt, the Clode will have none of that and is why the Bruins are golfing right now. Chia can take not on Dean Lombardi making a deal for Gaborik to set his team up to succeed in the playoffs too. GO LA KINGS GO....

David Krejci*

I was rooting for the Hawks, but a part of me did get some satisfaction in seeing them blow a lead in the 3rd and then lose in OT off a weird deflection. Rooting for LA in the Finals.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
As a Kings fan, I really do hope that we get to see a Kings/Bruins Stanley Cup Final matchup in the near future. Rekindle the classic LA vs. Boston rivalry with the Lakers and Celtics. Instead of Magic vs. Bird, you'll have Kopitar vs. Bergeron.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Hopefully Clode was watching these two coaches run a game. They make game changes and adapt, the Clode will have none of that and is why the Bruins are golfing right now. Chia can take not on Dean Lombardi making a deal for Gaborik to set his team up to succeed in the playoffs too. GO LA KINGS GO....

I didn`t see Sutter making a ton of adjustments at all, I did however see his "go to" players step up when they needed to. JC moves his players up and down the lineup more I will agree but again, his go to guys, well, they often are the one`s in the box score when needed the most

member 96824

I didn`t see Sutter making a ton of adjustments at all, I did however see his "go to" players step up when they needed to. JC moves his players up and down the lineup more I will agree but again, his go to guys, well, they often are the one`s in the box score when needed the most

Sutter changed the lines when they got down 2-0

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
If you are unsure which team you should root for in the Stanley Cup Final, just know that one team winning means Ulf Samuelsson gets his name on the Cup again.

Uncertainty over.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I`m predicting I`ll watch about 3 periods of this final, just can`t get excited or interested in it. If I read/see something that stirs up some nastiness between the teams maybe but...

qc

Aug 23, 2011
7vrtfKZ.gif

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I`m predicting I`ll watch about 3 periods of this final, just can`t get excited or interested in it. If I read/see something that stirs up some nastiness between the teams maybe but...

Really? I think this is going to be a great final.

Doesn't hurt that it's two relatively likable teams, either. Surprised you need nastiness to enjoy a Stanley Cup Final...

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
Really? I think this is going to be a great final.

Doesn't hurt that it's two relatively likable teams, either. Surprised you need nastiness to enjoy a Stanley Cup Final...

That's why I'm excited.. 2 teams I like. Not the most exciting but should be thoroughly enjoyable.

mikeedgexxx

Dec 3, 2009
Montreal
Feels so good to see the Hawks eliminated. I used to root for that team as my second favourite team until they beat my bruins last season. I think I was starting to hate them more than the habs.

member 96824

I think this final is going to be incredible. I don't understand how people can't enjoy watching this LA team, and this certainly isn't the Tortorella Rangers anymore. Fast paced, hard hitting hockey with two of the best goalies in the world.

Rooting interest in LA because like Mike said, Ulf cannot get 3. Cannot. No no no no no.

The Stanley Cup Final is the most exciting 7 game series in all of sports. It needs very little, hell NJ-LA a couple years ago was exciting, and those two teams were boring as hell at the time :laugh:

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto

To be fair to Chia here... hindsight is 100% on Gaborik. If you look at his history he had no success in the playoffs really. Also he has missed lots of games with injuries. He played on 41 games this year, 12 last year in a shortened schedule he still missed two thirds of the games , the year before that he played just 35 games.... The risk was in overpaying for an often injured player who had no history of success in the playoffs. It worked out for Lombardi but it could have been a disaster.

Last edited:

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
To be fair to Chia here... hindsight is 100% on Gaborik. If you look at his history he had no success in the playoffs really. Also he has missed lots of games with injuries. He played on 41 games this year, 12 last year in a shortened schedule he sill missed two thirds of the games , the year before that he played just 35 games.... The risk was in overpaying for an often injured player who had no history of success in the playoffs. It worked out for Lombardi but it could have been a disaster.

Not that I have any problem (in fact I really like him) with Chia as our GM.. But isn't Mike O'Connell Now head of pro scouting @ LA? Sorry if this was already mentioned.

Seems like LA supplemented an already great roster with some great "2nd Chance" type guys - Gaborik, Carter etc.. Dont mean to start a GM debate - but I, for one, definitely tip my cap to whatever part he had in building that LA team, not to mention a great "core" for Chia to come in and perfect. If he had nothing to do with it in LA then I am equally as impressed with the organization... Love the way they compete.

member 96824

To be fair to Chia here... hindsight is 100% on Gaborik. If you look at his history he had no success in the playoffs really. Also he has missed lots of games with injuries. He played on 41 games this year, 12 last year in a shortened schedule he sill missed two thirds of the games , the year before that he played just 35 games.... The risk was in overpaying for an often injured player who had no history of success in the playoffs. It worked out for Lombardi but it could have been a disaster.

All rumors pointed to Chia being the first to the table on Gaborik though. It was pretty out of the blue too as obviously Columbus was looking to make the playoffs and obviously he ended up traded, so I don't doubt it was true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad