Pre-Game Talk: Ours is not to question why, ours is but to do or die.

Skinner or Campbell / 12 -6 or 11 - 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Skinner seems to play good when the Oilers play good. it doesnt appear he has the ability to steal a game for us. Start Campbell, Skinner ha sbeen pulled 3 times, pull Campbell if he looks trash.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Kanedogg

Apr 23, 2023
It sucks its come to this with an awful organization like Vegas. They outright cheat with ltir nonsense, have piece of shit like Pietrangelo, fake fanbase that knows nothing about hockey.

It wouldn't be as awful if it were losing to Winnipeg for eg but I truly hate the knights.

Reactions: Oilhawks

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Skinner seems to play good when the Oilers play good. it doesnt appear he has the ability to steal a game for us. Start Campbell, Skinner ha sbeen pulled 3 times, pull Campbell if he looks trash.
47th best sv % in NHL against the lower teams and the same guy most of the fanbase were calling for to get boughten out to start our do or die game vsthe guy who got us to the playoffs

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Skinner did a good job but he is no all-star and shouldn't get calder votes.

Campbell has been excellent in the these playoffs. We will in with Campbell in net.
You realize he had 9 shots last game? Excellent ypu say? What did hebhave? 2 of the 9 that were dangerous? 9 shots......you think those 90 seconds would have gone better with Campbell in net? Before that Skinner let in 1 goal on 22 shots

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Campbell is the better goalie when he's on. They need to gamble on this now being on the brink. Skinner isn't going to save them if they can't score 5 on 5 again - he's just not. It's ride Campbell the last two games now.

Plust Skinner is likely tired
47th best sv % in NHL against the lower teams and the same guy most of the fanbase were calling for to get boughten out to start our do or die game vs the guy who got us to the playoffs

Reactions: McWeber

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
47th best sv % in NHL against the lower teams and the same guy most of the fanbase were calling for to get boughten out to start our do or die game vs the guy who got us to the playoffs
Skinner isn't working now though. It's a gamble either way

Reactions: Sheikyerbouti

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
Pressure is on us this game but if we win tomorrow I really like our chances in game 7. The pressure immediately would be on them in game 7. Our most complete games this season have been on the road. They have had some good games at home but they get too amped up at times. And if things go wrong the sticks get gripped very tight. We will know pretty quick in the first 10 minutes which team shows up tomorrow.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
47th best sv % in NHL against the lower teams and the same guy most of the fanbase were calling for to get boughten out to start our do or die game vsthe guy who got us to the playoffs
Adin Hill .927 vs Skinner .890...this is why we are behind. Skinner is 20th of 28 goalies in the entire playoffs. I mean i guess we are just fked if Campbell cant come in an be better.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Lack of production from top 6 guys like Kane, Yamo, Nuge, and Hyman is really hurting this team. That sadly doesn't look like it's gonna change.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
You realize he had 9 shots last game? Excellent ypu say? What did hebhave? 2 of the 9 that were dangerous? 9 shots......you think those 90 seconds would have gone better with Campbell in net? Before that Skinner let in 1 goal on 22 shots
Yeah, I think people are giving Campbell too much credit for not getting scored on against teams that are playing to protect their lead. That’s not to say he hasn’t made some nice saves but I have zero confidence in him weathering the storm against a team pressing to score a goal. The Oilers have been trailing for over 80% of his ice time in these playoffs.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
There's nothing extra coming for Kolesar?
I'm sick and tired of it being up to the fans to lobby for some sort of officiating fairness or the slightest integrity in this league.

And our so called home commentator, Louie DeBrusk, can go suck a donkey dick at an underground Vegas club, justifying the Pietrangelo stick swinging incident on our star player ten seconds after it happened.

Then we had Craig Button quoting DeBrusk saying he's correct. Then after the suspension comes down Button says he was wrong.

All the talking heads riling up the fans emotions on cue like the fake production it is.

Reactions: BlackDogg

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He is a rookie and has been very hit and miss in the playoffs. Mostly average to below average. You don't keep going to that well, he has had a lot of time to get his game going but he hasn't. Campbell has a lot longer history in the NHL and more playoff experience prior to this season. If he was still playing like garbage his stats wouldn't be as good as they are in his 3 appearances in the playoffs and last 2 or 3 in the regular season. He is well rested and chomping at the bit to get in there and help the team.

Reactions: bellagiobob

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I'm sick and tired of it being up to the fans to lobby for some sort of officiating fairness or the slightest integrity in this league.

And our so called home commentator, Louie DeBrusk, can go suck a donkey dick at an underground Vegas club, justifying the Pietrangelo stick swinging incident on our star player ten seconds after it happened.

Then we had Craig Button quoting DeBrusk saying he's correct. Then after the suspension comes down Button says he was wrong.

All the talking heads riling up the fans emotions on cue like the fake production it is.
Debrusk is the worst excuse for a hometown announcer. Just awful.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Campbell is not great but he has played well in the playoffs. Skinner stinks and is going to cost us in the playoffs.

I don't see the oilers not starting Skinner but out of 11 games he has played in he has played well 3 times, been okay in two more games, enough to win with the oilers offense and has been from bad to awful in 6 games.

Reactions: Sheikyerbouti

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Will be promoted to DOPS when he retires. Parros will be the commissioner when Gary retires, and finally admits that he actually hates hockey and ruined the game on purpose.
When Gary retires his second nephew is taking over and he's been groomed for the job. And you know this.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Campbell is not great but he has played well in the playoffs. Skinner stinks and is going to cost us in the playoffs.

I don't see the oilers not starting Skinner but out of 11 games he has played in he has played well 3 times, been okay in two more games, enough to win with the oilers offense and has been from bad to awful in 6 games.
If we lose with Skinner, in your opinion, should Woodcroft be fired?

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
If Campbell doesn't start this game, I think he should request a trade. It would require retention, but the Oilers would no doubt be open to it if they can retain 1.5 to 2M and bring in another G for around 2M/yr. Saves 1 to 1.5M on the cap for 4 more years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad