Tribute Our Top 10 plays of the year by the NHL

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The Fox-Kakko OT winner vs PIT is truly the highlight of the season for me. So f***ing good and the NHL should be cancelled for not putting it in the Top 10.

Yeah, Mika's 5-goal game was amazing. No doubt.

But like...the Kakko/Fox/Buch fake....elite.

That being said, the Mika reaction on the #8 play? Beyond elite.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Does it bother anyone else when they include multiple goals as one when a player scored multiple goals in a game? The most important goal in that game was good enough for #1 by itself.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Tic-Tac-Toe goal should've been higher for sure. I remember watching that live, and just feeling so bad for the Ottawa goalie. What's he supposed to do there?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Tic-Tac-Toe goal should've been higher for sure. I remember watching that live, and just feeling so bad for the Ottawa goalie. What's he supposed to do there?

I remember being furious at Buch for passing up on an easy slam dunk goal. Luckily Zib was able to react fast enough to tap it in.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
That was great! Forgot about some of this somehow - Chytils pass and Smiths weird burst of skill in particular.

Really missing hockey after watching that.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I remember being furious at Buch for passing up on an easy slam dunk goal. Luckily Zib was able to react fast enough to tap it in.
Zib did just enough to direct it towards the goal but couldn't aim it and it actually went back to where Anderson was. Anderson was splits-lunging across and it went through his legs. It worked out, but barely.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Number 5 Panarin’s ridiculous hands and ability to almost Decapitate referee at the same time.

Wow two Georgie in the top 10.

Few misses Kakko ot goal vs pens and the ADA goals including the ot winner vs Minnesota

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
Lots of people will surely say they were, but I was at the Garden for the Zbad 5 goal game as a birthday present to my dad, who hadn't seen the Rangers play live in 30 years after moving away from the area. And I have the ticket stubs to prove it.

I honestly still don't know what I saw that night. Had never seen a hat trick in person and made the comment on the train in that it would be a great present to see my first with my dad. Little did we know...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad