OT: Our PDO sucks. Let's lighten the mood! Free Slurpees & Bagel Brawls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Finished Chernobyl. Worth a watch and pretty well done. Nothing unexpected and some of the visual stuff was really strong. On to the next show for me.
So I guess what you’re saying is... it wasn’t great, but wasn’t terrible either.

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
J Timothy’s in Plainville for wings.

Also, Que in Southington has awesome smoked wings.

I don't get up that way too often bit I'll be sure to make a stop if I have the chance. Thanks.

If you make it down to Westchester county in NY, the Candlelight in Scarsdale is the place to go.

Reactions: Big L

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
I was randomly flipping thru channels last week when I caught a scene of filming a pern with 2 naked girls and Lexington Steele, and a Kevin Nealon was catering the event. I was like what in the world is this?!?! It turns out it was an episode of Weeds. It’s on Netflix now, watched seasons 1, 2, and 3 so far. Really good show. I think someone may have mentioned this show in this thread already

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
Well IF you are a kid then get there and IF you have kids bring them to 7 Eleven today for a free Slushy its going to be hot and sticky out there a Slushy sounds good !

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Well IF you are a kid then get there and IF you have kids bring them to 7 Eleven today for a free Slushy its going to be hot and sticky out there a Slushy sounds good !

Did you really just call it a Slushy?

Bro it's Slurpee, Slurpeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ;)

Reactions: PK Cronin

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
This is absolute gold Jerry, gold! :laugh:

The comments have me in dying.

1. It's true that being short is a liability.
2. A winning personality helps.
3. I don't have that, but ...
4. Self-awareness is key.

That guy is a huge setback for short dudes. But it could be worse. I have a friend named 'Weiner'. He took his wife's surname.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Since this is the offseason thread....

Man, not that long ago that guy would get home, eat his bagels, regret what he did and just never go to that bagel shop again. Now he's got millions of people watching the thing over and over again.

IMO the scariest thing about future technology is not robots taking over, AI, etc.. It's the day when everyone has wearable headset thingies and basically live their whole lives with the "record" mode on so that everything everyone does in public is shareable and saved for posterity. We're kind of halfway there already.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Man, not that long ago that guy would get home, eat his bagels, regret what he did and just never go to that bagel shop again. Now he's got millions of people watching the thing over and over again.

IMO the scariest thing about future technology is not robots taking over, AI, etc.. It's the day when everyone has wearable headset thingies and basically live their whole lives with the "record" mode on so that everything everyone does in public is shareable and saved for posterity. We're kind of halfway there already.

They're talking about this guy on WFAN. This isn't an isolated incident. Librarians, 7-11 worker, etc.

They're on YT. This guy is unhinged.

Reactions: dano16

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL

Spot on. Have you watched any of "Black Mirror"? Some of them are a bit too out there, but many of them hit the nail you're talking about on the head.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
They're talking about this guy on WFAN. This isn't an isolated incident. Librarians, 7-11 worker, etc.

Ugh. This is a reminder that your local librarian often serves as a font-line social services worker, usually works without a security officer, and the last thing she wants to do is call the cops.

Yeah, the most disturbing thing about that is that some people might be held responsible for their actions in public. :rolleyes:

That said, I expect the negative attention is exactly what this guy wants.

Reactions: nyisles

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
A shout out to the 7-11 in Bergen Norway ( yup they got them there). Bacon wrapped Hot Dogs. The only place I could afford to eat in Norway.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Ugh. This is a reminder that your local librarian often serves as a font-line social services worker, usually works without a security officer, and the last thing she wants to do is call the cops.

There are men who are librarians you know. ;)

But yes, public libraries deal with all kinds of behavior that most people don't realize or fully understand. Since they're public buildings a lot of the "common sense" approaches people would take to limit the negative behavior aren't applicable and would result in lawsuits. Many libraries have started to bring in social workers in an attempt to help the people who need it. Unfortunately you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Reactions: nyisles

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
1. It's true that being short is a liability.
2. A winning personality helps.
3. I don't have that, but ...
4. Self-awareness is key.

That guy is a huge setback for short dudes. But it could be worse. I have a friend named 'Weiner'. He took his wife's surname.

I would bet that this guy is on dating sites looking only at "model quality" matches and ignoring many potential matches because they are physically too this or too that.

Reactions: dano16

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006

He has his own YT channel and his coworker posted a video from it. Guy is messed up:

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Never know these days if this **** is staged or what. The newest thing is spitting in drink bottles and licking ice cream and putting it back on the shelf. I can't help but feel we're headed to some kind of weird cyber-dystopia.

I'm convinced everything is staged unless someone actually gets physically hurt. If you come out unscathed and go "viral" it is exactly what you wanted the second you started filming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00