Speculation: Our Next Head Coach(es)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
lol who else are they possibly waiting for, Julien? Is there really that big a difference with him and Hitch?

They are a wash but Julien has had playoff success with the Bruins who are built to play a lot like the Blues are right now. Size and depth.

elindholm

Jun 3, 2013
They are a wash but Julien has had playoff success with the Bruins who are built to play a lot like the Blues are right now. Size and depth.

Julien would never come back here after the debacle he endured. If he's let go by B's he be paid in full for a couple years.

KohoDonuts88

Sep 6, 2006
New Brunswick
Hynes is the type of guy the compensation rule should be intended for. A guy you've invested in who is actively working for you. Compensation for someone you've fired but is still under contract is ******** (e.g. Chiarelli to EDM). The hiring team is doing you a favour unburdening you from the contract.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Hynes is the type of guy the compensation rule should be intended for. A guy you've invested in who is actively working for you. Compensation for someone you've fired but is still under contract is ******** (e.g. Chiarelli to EDM). The hiring team is doing you a favour unburdening you from the contract.

Agree with you.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
With Sweeney being picked as GM for Boston I think they stick with Claude who has 3 years remaining, I also don't think he would work for Lou again.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I am hoping that for some reason either Tippet gets fed up with being handed a salary floor roster and wants out , or the Yotes decide to cut ties with him after 3 years of missing the playoffs (even though his roster was nearly as crappy as the Devils).

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Okay, so I made the mistake of looking for some Boucher GIFs...

Boucher.gif

boucherage.gif.pagespeed.ce.tutoqaxs2r_medium.gif

:laugh:

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
If I had to guess, Bylsma to the Sabres is probably happening barring unforeseen circumstances.

I think we either get Boucher or some random guy out of left field.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
If I had to guess, Bylsma to the Sabres is probably happening barring unforeseen circumstances.

I think we either get Boucher or some random guy out of left field.

Hynes, Bylsma, Boucher. One of those will be our head coach or we will go with Oates like a bunch of dingbats.

I think the small possibility is there that they are waiting for Hitch or someone else to get canned though.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
yeah Pete just standing there with his blank face was so much better

It's not, but I don't think it's really worse than going totally off the rails. You need a balance. But if one of his guys got a cheap shot and got injured I'd understand it more. I don't know the circumstances behind it.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I am confused. If a coach gets fired why the hell are teams getting draft picks for them? Seems like a pretty dumb rule to have for coaches that are literally doing nothing but cashing their paycheck. Seems like it will hurt the chances of getting a new job.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I am confused. If a coach gets fired why the hell are teams getting draft picks for them? Seems like a pretty dumb rule to have for coaches that are literally doing nothing but cashing their paycheck. Seems like it will hurt the chances of getting a new job.

It's a rule made more for the Hynes and Blashills, just kind of spills over to everyone else.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
A 3rd 3 years from now ? For the right coach, why not ?

While I don't disagree with your logic, we're no guarantee to even be in a good position roster wise 3 years from now. A 3rd round pick IMO is more valuable to us now than if we were laden with talent just needing the right voice in the room.

I'm cool with Bylsma. I'm cool with Hynes. Under no circumstance do I give the Pens anything for a coach at this time. There's other guys out there that can do the job behind the bench without having to give anything.

I think if its Bylsma, we wont have to compensate, if its Hynes, we will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad