• Not Andrew Brunette he's in NSH, Bruce Boudreau

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Marco Sturm

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Who knew 95% of Sens fans on here who have trashed Dorion and Dj for several years were right

I mean that’s a pretty amazing assessment by HF Sens, bang on
Lmao.

Literally every coach and GM in the NHL gets fired at one point or another.

They were both good during their tenure here, but their expiry date has passed.

Gallant or Julien. It's a bit tricky without a GM though. Do we offer them an interim role? Would they accept?

We don't want a Boudreau in Vancouver incident.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I would take a shot on Patrick Roy. Seems to fit in with the no nonsense ethos that the new management seems to have. Has this innate fire to want to win at all levels. Will be just that little bit controversial to get out team some more notice on the NHL scale. May attract players to want to come and play for him.
Roy is a two time quitter, we don’t need him in the Senators organization in any way.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I wonder if Edmonton is looking at the same coaches that Ottawa is interested in. Wonder who makes the first move in firing their coach.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I didn’t say they predicted a firing, I said they claimed they were not good for their roles.

They were right, the 5% who called the fans holding this opinion just emotional and not rational we’re proven 100% wrong
No they weren’t right. They just need to be right, so they bend and twist and mold until they have convinced themselves that they are.

And the rest of us just shake our heads. You simple handle folks like that, you can’t reached them.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Are there any rumours through insiders or media on who it may actually be?

Nothing has come out in the same way Staios was rumored to be the POHO, and now people are name dropping Chiarelli as the GM.

There may be a grainy big foot style photo of something like looks like Claude Julien walking within the vicinity of the CTC.

Patrick Roy randomly leaving a championship team without any NHL job or interviews was peculiar. So it makes me wonder if he might be the choice of Staios and Andlauer. He apparently talked to some teams about front office positions, but that could mean anything. It doesn't mean he was actually seriously up for a big role.

He was "linked" to Ottawa in the summer as a coaching candidate, but I don't recall any legitimate insider linking him here. I think it was mainly just so many people predicting it based on it making sense timing wise, that it snowballed from being online speculation to Roy being "linked" to Ottawa.

Reactions: Satoru Gojo

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I don’t get the love for Roy, what has he done at the coaching level to merit consideration? IMO, if he was any good, he would be coaching in the NHL right now. Didn’t he butt heads with Joe Salic in Colorado?

My choice is Ted Lasso.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
No interest in Roy he is an ego maniac.

Not interested in the next “hot shot”. It’s time for a coach with tons of experience and a proven track record.

Julien is my #1 but I’d be fine with Gallant or maybe Jacques as my 3rd choice. Maybe Boudreau but not sure

Experience and a winning pedigree are a must

Reactions: Relapsing

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
No they weren’t right. They just need to be right, so they bend and twist and mold until they have convinced themselves that they are.

And the rest of us just shake our heads. You simple handle folks like that, you can’t reached them.
Listening to you rationalize your losses is quite entertaining. You sir are the one who cannot be reached.

I knew the three Dorion/DJ fans would come out to play But, as we all know (but them) - years of terrible opinions have been proven 100% wrong and they gotta live in it.

Goodluck

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Julien is the best option. Hopefully he joins the team in Sweden so he can bond with the players a bit and get on with salvaging the season.

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Head Julien
Asst Roy heir apparent
Asst Martin
Asst Guy Carnoneau

These guys get it turned around .

Look what Tocchet has done for the Canucks...
Yes, if we get the right coach, a really good one, it could be just what we need. Vancouver seems to have turned things around. Montreal under St. Louis seems to be pointed in the right direction. Results can be variable though depending on the coach. Sometimes the initial boost wears off after awhile. Got to get these players playing more responsible team D I'd think.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
So imo, it comes down to Claude Julien 63yr or Gerard "Turk" Gallant 60yr. Somebody said Julien has a ❤️ problem?! Either one will add BADLY NEEDED STRUCTURE, if only as an interim coach. So long DJ!
2c6614c7-f260-4a92-84fc-9cf7424e2bad-gallant.jpg

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
No interest in Roy he is an ego maniac.

Not interested in the next “hot shot”. It’s time for a coach with tons of experience and a proven track record.

Julien is my #1 but I’d be fine with Gallant or maybe Jacques as my 3rd choice. Maybe Boudreau but not sure

Experience and a winning pedigree are a must
I like Boudreau but he's not a guy that will turn us around defensively.

Gallant has some odd quotes when it comes to holding guys accountable, if DJ said word for word what he did people would be grabbing the pitch forks.

Reactions: DJB

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Julien is the best option. Hopefully he joins the team in Sweden so he can bond with the players a bit and get on with salvaging the season.
SS is no rush to bring in a GM, especially if the person(s) he is targeting is currently employed and is willing to wait until the off season, if not given permission to interview whoever he may be targeting.

Same thing with Coach position…. If he has a few names on his list,,that he wants to free the job to, for the long run…. He again may have to wait until the offseason to interview them, unless given permission….. he may have no choice but to appoint an interim coach is the team falls of the Cliff…. And that very well may have given the fact there are at least Six Starters currently injured…. Some long term.

Reactions: HF Reader

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Roy would be ideal

He holds players accountable, he brings an element the Sens haven't had in a long time, his players love him. He knows what needs to be done on the ice, and he's able to change what the team needs to do depending on the roster he has in front of him.

He's been out of the league for a decade, he's not the same guy he was in 2016.

Reactions: LiseL and Crosside

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad