Our goalie situation

DT0X

Jan 28, 2013
Miami, FL
It seems everyone is in agreement that Luongo needs to stay out of Florida, at least for now. We're only 5 in and Theo's doing good. Let's see if he can stay focused.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
I am of the continued (albeit minority) position that the Alien is ready, and get rid of clemmer. Theo /markstrom is as good as any tandem in the NHL.

But as many have said, goaltending has not been the major issue to date.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I am of the continued (albeit minority) position that the Alien is ready, and get rid of clemmer. Theo /markstrom is as good as any tandem in the NHL.

But as many have said, goaltending has not been the major issue to date.

I agree. I think this would have been the perfect year to have Markstrom up for the full year, and get rid of Clemmer.

Being such a short, compacted season, back-ups are going to get a lot of work this year. What do we have, like 7 back-to-backs?

I was the BIGGEST Clemmer "hater" last year, and I stand by my feelings. I just feel so uncomfortable watching when he is in net. He never seems like he is in the right position, and he has a five-hole like Lindsay Lohan! :naughty:

The team usually tightens up when he is in, and that results in less shots against. But I feel like this hurts our offense, which we are in desparate need for.

Cannot wait for the day he is gone!

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
I agree. I think this would have been the perfect year to have Markstrom up for the full year, and get rid of Clemmer.

Being such a short, compacted season, back-ups are going to get a lot of work this year. What do we have, like 7 back-to-backs?

I was the BIGGEST Clemmer "hater" last year, and I stand by my feelings. I just feel so uncomfortable watching when he is in net. He never seems like he is in the right position, and he has a five-hole like Lindsay Lohan! :naughty:

The team usually tightens up when he is in, and that results in less shots against. But I feel like this hurts our offense, which we are in desparate need for.

Cannot wait for the day he is gone!

Agreed, with the caveat that admittedly he had a nice streak midseason lat yr ...

Regardless my point is Markstrom clearly gives us exponentially better chances to win.

Panthers are Red

Why so sad?
Jun 27, 2011
By my computer
Agreed, with the caveat that admittedly he had a nice streak midseason lat yr ...

Regardless my point is Markstrom clearly gives us exponentially better chances to win.

I feel quite bad about my attitude towards Clemmer after how he played last year. He did well for us and got us some crucial wins yet every time he is in goal and the other team has the puck I feel like they are going to score. I just can't shake it, and as such, would like to see Clemmer traded at some point and Jose re-signed for next season.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I feel quite bad about my attitude towards Clemmer after how he played last year. He did well for us and got us some crucial wins yet every time he is in goal and the other team has the puck I feel like they are going to score. I just can't shake it, and as such, would like to see Clemmer traded at some point and Jose re-signed for next season.

I liked what he did for us last season too. But I did do a facepalm when he was going to start that game in the playoffs and said something about knowing he can beat Brodeur or something to that effect. Having confidence is one thing, but keep it to yourself and don't tell the media something like that.

-ghoste

DT0X

Jan 28, 2013
Miami, FL
No offense, but 1999 Dominik Hasek doesn't give this team a better chance to win.

In '99 he had 9 shutouts, which equates to about 5 during this compact season. And since we're averaging one freakin' goal a game I'd say it gives the Cats a record this season of roughly 5-43 (not including overtime)?? :shakehead

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
From a swedish point of view it's a weird situation right now.

We have three of our best prospects ever still being kept in the AHL.

Lehner, Markstrom and Lack. Lack recently underwent hip surgery though.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
From a swedish point of view it's a weird situation right now.

We have three of our best prospects ever still being kept in the AHL.

Lehner, Markstrom and Lack. Lack recently underwent hip surgery though.

It's not a big deal really. Markstrom and Lehner will definitely be in the NHL next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad