Online Series: Our Flag Means Death

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I keep seeing the commericals for this show but I didn't realize they were for season 2 cause I hadn't seen anything about it previously. Gonna check it out at some point.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I've been watching it and really like it. In a sense it has a similar positive vibe as Ted Lasso, but is much more quirky and very unexpected in terms of the direction of it all. It's really not like anything else I've watched. Not the greatest in the world, but certainly good for its differentness.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Watched a few episodes of season 1. It wasn't bad, but I don't feel the urge to watch anymore. Not Taika Waititi's best work. Feels kinda like a lesser version of What We Do in the Shadows, but with a different set of tropes (pirates instead of vampires). Plus all the scenes shot on the volume can be painfully obvious.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Lifetime ban for anyone who starts a thread about a movie or show without including the trailer

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Watched a few episodes of season 1. It wasn't bad, but I don't feel the urge to watch anymore. Not Taika Waititi's best work. Feels kinda like a lesser version of What We Do in the Shadows, but with a different set of tropes (pirates instead of vampires). Plus all the scenes shot on the volume can be painfully obvious.
I enjoyed it to an extent but I'll agree that What We Do in the Shadows is vastly superior. Would rather people here were watching and discussing that. Imo it's one of the best comedy series currently running.

Our Flag Means Death definitely has its moments but sometimes the silliness is just too forced. Haven't watched season 2 yet but I will eventually.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
My favorite thing is how over the top gay everyone is.
I'd venture a guess a lot of pirates settled for a man's ass during long voyages. In fact, pirates apparently had their own form of gay marriage called matelotage.

I've also heard stories that they would have sex with manatees. Not sure how true that is, though. If there's any truth to it- a man's ass doesn't sound too bad in comparison haha.

But yeah, I especially like when Blackbeard was giving Stede some sass when they had dinner at that crazy lesbian couple's home. That episode had me laughing so much.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
As Churchill said about naval tradition: "It's nothing but rum, sodomy, and the lash."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad