Our biggest rivalry?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Hawks. With the new realignment though, I think LA will soon be our new rivals.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Hawks because of the multiple playoff battles and various shennanigans throughout the season. Would gladly lose to any of them in a blowout to beat Bos by 1 though.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I still say Chicago.

Kinda sad Flames and Oilers aren't even on the list - for good reasons. Subpar teams that aren't exactly intense...

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Voted Chicago.

Then had a change of heart. I find the hatred for the Kings to be higher for me than the Hawks.

I hate LA so much, and I think they will soon be our biggest rival.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Chicago is the 'most exciting' rivalry imo. But the Bruins are the team that i just wish we could crush repeatedly. Not just because we lost in game 7 of the Cup Finals to them...but because of the way we lost, and what it's done to our team since then.

Apple Juice

Oct 13, 2008
Vancouver
Hawks and Bruins are 1a and 1b for me.. Kings going to be 1c soon though.. But nothing beats Hawks/Canucks rivalry. Always draws league wide attention

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Missed it.

Still the Alberta teams.

The Chicagos and Bostons of rivalries come and go, but geography is eternal.

Not really. I hardly even think of either has a rival these days. They have been irrelevant for so long it lacks any form of meaning. One of the reasons I partly hope they figure things out so we have some intense battles again.

Right now though, Hawks by a country mile. LA has a few more battles to go before I get nearly as worked up over them as I do Chicago.

Hawks. Although this season in a Kings-Hawks game, I'd root for the Hawks to blow the Kings out.

I'll root for the Hawks third out the west myself. I usually like to catch games from them but barely have this year. Rivalry or not, but they are a damn fun team to watch. That said, Vancouver obviously gets first and my love of Saku Koivu means Anaheim has to win second.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Missed it.

Still the Alberta teams.

The Chicagos and Bostons of rivalries come and go, but geography is eternal.

The Chicago/Boston rivalries are always there, we just don't play Boston enough which sucks. The Alberta teams are equivalent to Columbus and Florida to me. When we play the Alberta teams, I just hope I don't fall asleep during those games. That's my biggest concern.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Bruins, too bad we don't play them at all this year, or it could have surpassed the hawks rivalry.

Out of west I would rank the top 3

Hawks
Sharks
Kings

Karter

Feb 16, 2012
Sherbrooke
Hawks and it's not close.

Kings are definitely the future rivals though. I find their fans douchier and harder to stand as the years go on. This new realignment should put things into full swing.

Far as the Alberta teams go I've just never hated them as much as they hate us. Just not interested in either team in any way.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
The Hawks, I hate them more than everyone else combined, it ain't even close. The fact that the media loves them so much just makes it worse. I could go for a rant several pages long about how much I despise that team, but I will restrain myself. I have a grudging respect for the Bruins and the only guys I really dislike on LA are Doughty, Brown, and Sutter.

It upsets me that some people say that a certain respect has grown up between Canucks fans and Blackhawks fans. I have no such respect. I felt bad this summer when I cussed out an old woman in a Portland Winterhawks jersey, but it's an easy mistake to make. No respect from me, nothing but anger and hate. I don't even like Captain Menno anymore, sorry Brother Toews, you're gonna have to get rid of that chrome first.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
I don't think we have a rival that is like Pens/Flyers hate.......oiler/flames dont count since they awful.........maybe LA...........but definately Chicago is number 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad