Our 4th line, an offensive juggernaut.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Just a little fun here, barely thread worthy. I know the purpose of the forth line in their limited TOI and happy with guys like McClement.

Ashton: 10GP 0G 1A
McLaren:4GP 0G 0A
McClement:13GP 0G 1A
Orr:14GP 0G 0A
Smith: 8GP 1G 0A

Striking fear in defensive cores and goaltenders league wide.

contour

Mar 31, 2011
We should switch Kessel, JvR, and Kadri to the 4th line to generate production.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Leaf Fan Logic: 4th in the league in G/G... we need MORE GOALS!

Like honestly, why make this thread?

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
Leaf Fan Logic: 4th in the league in G/G... we need MORE GOALS!

Like honestly, why make this thread?

I was thinking the same thing? :laugh: Who the hell cares that our 4th line isn't scoring? The 1st and 2nd are doing fine. The 3rd's also chipping in timely goals. This is dumb.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
I was thinking the same thing? :laugh: Who the hell cares that our 4th line isn't scoring? The 1st and 2nd are doing fine. The 3rd's also chipping in timely goals. This is dumb.
How can we have balanced scoring if every line isn't producing though!

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
The 4th line isn't meant to do so much scoring, especially with limited ice time. They're meant to help keep the other team from scoring and provide some solid hits and energy with a fight or two here and there. McClement is the only one who gets any significant ice time on the team and he's shown he's capable of scoring short handed.

Lets face it, Mclaren or Orr wont be scoring much while a guy like Smith, Ashton and McClement can pot a few. You want more scoring from your third line

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
4th lines typically play 6 -7 mins a game and really if you need the 4th line to score goals, you are probably not a very good team.

4th lines value are they provide a security of toughness and energy for the team. Which ours does. The fact we have Orr and Mcclement that can move up to the 3rd in a pinch is a bonus. Plus Mcclement is value on the PK.

legendinblue

NHL in Seattle
Apr 30, 2011
Seattle/Europe
Would be sweet if somebody too the time to post 4th line stats of elite teams such as Boston, Chicago, etc., so that we have a basis for comparison.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Mclaren is godawful and should never play.

Orr is passable for a tough guy.

Mcclement is a decent 4th liner.

Ashton has shown some signs lately ofbeing a decent 4th liner too.

MildlyAwesome

Rational Leaf Fan
Jun 4, 2009
Canada
Just a little fun here, barely thread worthy. I know the purpose of the forth line in their limited TOI and happy with guys like McClement.

Ashton: 10GP 0G 1A
McLaren:4GP 0G 0A
McClement:13GP 0G 1A
Orr:14GP 0G 0A
Smith: 8GP 1G 0A

Striking fear in defensive cores and goaltenders league wide.

We're tied for 3rd in GF/G. Are you just trying to ***** about something so utterly pointless? :shakehead

I can't think of a single fourth line whose goal is to score goals. It may be to provide toughness, energy, defense, but not a single fourth line is expected to goal.

legendinblue

NHL in Seattle
Apr 30, 2011
Seattle/Europe
Mclaren is godawful and should never play.

Orr is passable for a tough guy.

Mcclement is a decent 4th liner.

Ashton has shown some signs lately ofbeing a decent 4th liner too.

Agreed that McLaren should not be in our lineup anymore. Last year we had Fraser, McLaren and Orr who would be more than willing to drop the gloves; this year we have Orr, Fraser and Clarkson.

McLaren should be replaced with a more skilled player.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Orr hasn't fought since game 1 against Parros. I wonder if he is hurt, that's a long time for a player that likes to intimidate the opposition to go without fighting.

Mcclement is one of the best 4th line players in the NHL, any offence he brings is a bonus. Orr is one of the few legitimate heavyweights of the game to be able to be spotted on the 3rd line and not hurt it defensively.

Mclaren is one of the best fighters in the NHL, he allows the Kessel's, the JVR's, The Kadri and Lupul's to play their game.

Going into a game where John Scott is dressed, do you want a Ron Wilson coached philosophy team? Yes, let's replace Mclaren for more skill that will see 6-7 mins of ice time. Makes no sense.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Blahaha. You guys are fun!

good lord, did you go around kicking peoples dogs this week? :sarcasm: :laugh:

unreal, cant believe how seriously people are taking this thread, i found it comical myself.

That being said, whenever the fourth line scores, i always have a "ohhh! neat!" moment in the game. Its never expected for me, its like a nice little treat haha.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
You know what they say. If your 4th line isnt lighting the league on fire, you aint gonna win many games.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Agreed that McLaren should not be in our lineup anymore. Last year we had Fraser, McLaren and Orr who would be more than willing to drop the gloves; this year we have Orr, Fraser and Clarkson.

McLaren should be replaced with a more skilled player.

A more skilled player to do... what exactly? Hit people from behind? Our PK lines are already unreal. Our 4th line hasn't been a liability nor dirty, so I don't see the need for change. Unless you can upgrade on these PK lines then I see no need to change

McClement-Bozak/Kulemin
Bolland-Bozak/JVR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad