Ottawa wins. Series 3-2 Montréal.

Hawkeye71980

Sep 15, 2009
New Brunswick
I have been reading the tons of posts in here and running everything through my head of what the Habs are doing wrong. It's not personelle (DD or Chukcy etc), for all the complaining that we are small and our top 6 can't do anything is BS.

Just look at the team on the other side of the rink, they are lead by a top d-man (Karlsson), we have Subban they have been equals so far in these playoffs. 1 decent forward that has done nothing in the playoffs (until last night, Ryan) to our Pacioretty. We both have great goalies, We all know Price is the better of the two. We both play a great defensive game. We both have good supporting casts. These teams are about equal.

The reason we are losing is because we keep playing Ottawa's game, just look at last nights game, we had the game in hand until Ottawa got the first goal and then we said "oh they scored by just icing the puck and waiting for a mistake on a screened shot to get by our goalie". ok let's stop our hard hitting fast game and start doing that........ that was a fluke first goal, just like Ottawa has got all series. We did the same after game 3 when Ottawa started hitting us, we started hitting them back and it almost cost us that game and it gave Ottawa momentum. You can't just change your game to mimic them. We have a much faster more skilled team, use that to our advantage like we always do against the big bad Bruins!! They are in our heads way too much for a team that we were up 3-0 against. Use your speed, create turnovers, then the goals will come eventually.

Go Habs Go!! :yo:

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
It's on the TVA nouvelle frontpage atm. Short presser but worth watching.

No one in the thread so far pointed out that when MT tried to dismiss the question by stating the 3rd and 4th play about the same amount, Gagnon said something like "I meant in regards to the first two lines" and THEN Terrien replied with the "we roll four lines" comment.

Good job by Gagnon to force the issue, even if he got the same vacant response.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Ummmmm.

Ummm.....

We are not a small team, in case you hadn't noticed. This isn't 2010 anymore.

Well I would take Beliveau, who was actually a dirty mother****er when he had to be, and huge, over DD. So yeah, at no 1 C, Habs are tiny. Sorry dude.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Well I would take Beliveau, who was actually a dirty mother****er when he had to be, and huge, over DD. So yeah, at no 1 C, Habs are tiny. Sorry dude.

:laugh:

If Chuck was on the 1rst line would you be saying the same thing ?

Beliveau :laugh: Come on man I know you are frustrated but this is why other fan bases laugh at us.

Phenom

Grind deez guyss - Michou
Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
He is the exact opposite of Bill Belichick thats for sure , so stubborn to change things up.

Belichick and Therrien does not belong in the same sentence haha.

The guy's a hall of famer, probably the greatest coach of all time and a mastermind. The other is a complete buffoon that inherited the best goalie in the world and one of the best D of the league and has the GM as a close friend.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
That should be our lineup I agree..Though realistically switch the Pleky line up. In no hell Eller will ever be on the first line in Mtl lol

WTF? Wake up. I called it three years ago. Habs centers were crap. Eller is now the best C on the team. Eat it. Not my problem they did not move Chucky to C in October.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
:laugh:

If Chuck was on the 1rst line would you be saying the same thing ?

Beliveau :laugh: Come on man I know you are frustrated but this is why other fan bases laugh at us.

It was an example. In order to strengthen my argument. I do not have to win the argument. You get that, right? :shakehead

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I see him the same way. I don't see this guy ever winning a cup. Of course, Jean freakin Perron won a cup, so you never know.

Robinson and Gainey took him into the showers and explained how it was going to go. No one on this team has that cred.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Time to post this link from 2009 when MT was the Pens coach again.. :) Sounds familiar.

Penguins Fans: Time to Push the Panic Button and Fire Michel Therrien

The head coach has proven himself to be a one trick pony, as he also did in Montreal. Just like in Montreal, he had star players who under performed because the system being used did not fit their strengths. The players over come those problems with sheer will and skill, but eventually that which can bend will break. That break came in his third season in Montreal.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ush-the-panic-button-and-fire-michel-therrien

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Now do the same thing with the sens shots. It's WAY the **** worse. Yet they scored 5 goals.

I don't care if 30 shots were bad, I agree. We didn't generate quality. But the sens generated even less quality.

We're not screening Anderson and crap shots won't go in if the goalie can see them. The Sens on the other hand are crashing the crease and screening the hell out of Price.

Our strategy can't be to continue slinging as much crap as you can hoping the goalie will let in a softie. That's just is beyond stupid.

The first line is a bad mix because DSP is so busy playing fetch in the corners because Patches will just stand around waiting for the pass to come to him and DD gets out muscled and pushed off the puck 9 times out of 10. It makes them predictable and easy to defend, just take away Patches shot and that line is done.

Pacioretty needs to get more creative with his play, standing around in the corner waiting for DD to pass the puck to him won't do it. Which is what he did when he was paired with Galchenyuk, he had someone to pass the puck to if the shot wasn't available and unfortunately DD has an aversion to taking shots when paired with him.

We need someone like DSP in Anderson's face all the time, using his size to create an opening in the mosh pit of Sens players in front of the net preventing us from screening him. He can't bury a puck if his life depended on it, the least he could do is use his size to push off a guy or two and screen Anderson.

Gallagher tries to do that but he'll need to sit on DDs shoulders before he can effectively screen anyone, but if a bigger body is there to prevent Sens players from plastering him to the ice every time Anderson gives up a rebound, he'll at least be able to get the garbage goal that DSP can't.

Guys like DSP, Prust, Pateryn and DLR should be crashing the crease non stop, every shift. Sens players are boxing us out forcing us to take crap shots that Anderson can easily see and stop. These guys sole job should be to make sure that doesn't happen or that it comes at a price.

They keep doing what they're doing, they'll keep getting what they're getting.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I have been reading the tons of posts in here and running everything through my head of what the Habs are doing wrong. It's not personelle (DD or Chukcy etc), for all the complaining that we are small and our top 6 can't do anything is BS.

Just look at the team on the other side of the rink, they are lead by a top d-man (Karlsson), we have Subban they have been equals so far in these playoffs. 1 decent forward that has done nothing in the playoffs (until last night, Ryan) to our Pacioretty. We both have great goalies, We all know Price is the better of the two. We both play a great defensive game. We both have good supporting casts. These teams are about equal.

The reason we are losing is because we keep playing Ottawa's game, just look at last nights game, we had the game in hand until Ottawa got the first goal and then we said "oh they scored by just icing the puck and waiting for a mistake on a screened shot to get by our goalie". ok let's stop our hard hitting fast game and start doing that........ that was a fluke first goal, just like Ottawa has got all series. We did the same after game 3 when Ottawa started hitting us, we started hitting them back and it almost cost us that game and it gave Ottawa momentum. You can't just change your game to mimic them. We have a much faster more skilled team, use that to our advantage like we always do against the big bad Bruins!! They are in our heads way too much for a team that we were up 3-0 against. Use your speed, create turnovers, then the goals will come eventually.

Go Habs Go!! :yo:

False. Reason for losing? Anderson is better than Price right now.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

Not really. Price was fantastic in game 4 and the Habs lost. The Habs are losing because they can't generate offense. Anderson hasn't had to be spectacular. Price had a .947SV% before last night. He isn't the reason that the series is almost tied. The Habs should have finished the sens off in game 4. But like game three where they barely squeaked out a win, they can't score. From game 2 to game 4, Price let in 4 goals. Stop blaming the goalies. The habs are playing like ass.

Nynja*

Why? because he stopped a Prust breakaway (If that was anyone but Prust) and a Plek breakaway (where the puck never settled down for Plek)? Thats really all that hes been tested on the past 2 games.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Have to agree the over reaction is pretty funny Habs still got this. Just really disappointed in such a flat effort two elimination games in a row yikes

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Ummmmm.

Ummm.....

We are not a small team, in case you hadn't noticed. This isn't 2010 anymore.

Exactly 3 of our top 6 are undersized we are FN small and FN soft..
You need to look at who is out there on the ice not who is on the Bench.

Yeah our most utilized forwards are small..:p:

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007

We lost two games. In those two games combined, we scored 1 goal. At best 1 goal can win you one game. And that requires a shutout. Price could suck badly or play amazingly and it would not matter. You can't win scoring 1 goal every two games. Price needs to score more goals, I guess.

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We lost two games. In those two games combined, we scored 1 goal. At best 1 goal can win you one game. And that requires a shutout. Price could suck badly or play amazingly and it would not matter. You can't win scoring 1 goal every two games. Price needs to score more goals, I guess.
We are wasting one of the best seasons a hab goalie has ever had...every team figures us out, and makes adjustments, and our coach does the same thing, over and over, and look what happens...:shakehead
Hopefully Price doesn't demand a trade this summer...how can he win a Cup, with MT as coach?

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I really like how the Habs played - Therrien said it correct in the presser - the Habs came out strong, Ottawa took advantage of their opportunities, Anderson was good. I am looking forward to next game. I like where the Habs are at right now.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
We are wasting one of the best seasons a hab goalie has ever had...every team figures us out, and makes adjustments, and our coach does the same thing, over and over, and look what happens...:shakehead
Hopefully Price doesn't demand a trade this summer...how can he win a Cup, with MT as coach?

One thing I can't understand is the crap goalies get on HFBoards. Not just with Habs fans. But I notice this every where. Rhetoric like "Why didnt he steal this game? A good goalie has to steal games when it counts. He is not bailing us out enough." Etc etc

When you are the lowest scoring team you have been bailed out all year.

Another thing I can't grasp about this team is why we arent hitting Karlsson more. I am not talking about being dirty, but this is the playoffs, he is their best defender. You have to make this game hurt for him. Instead we have a defenseman out from a hit by Karlsson. Wasn't playing the Habs supposed to be painful? I seem to remember someone promising us that.

Last edited:

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Needless to say, I was terribly by the players and the coach for allowing this to happen. No excuses are accepted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad