Ottawa wins a game Series 3-1 MTL.

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009
Eller is more skilled than any forward not named Patch, Galch, or Plek. He can play a powerforward type game, but to say he's a grinder is shortsighted. He's produced any time he's been given the opportunity to to so.

Just to add to this, regarding the PP:
http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...aters&minutes=50&disp=1&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC
Forwards "on-ice" GF/60
Plekanec - 5.96 (171min)
DD - 5.13 (187min)
Chuck - 5.87 (173min)
Gally - 5.61 (192min)
Max - 5.2 (196min)
PAP - 4.44 (121min)
DSP - 1.83 (!!!!) (65min) (!!!!)
Eller is not on the list because he only has 33 min (!) on the PP. I did some searching and some math and come up with ~7.3. Maybe we should give him a few more chances?

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
yup we suck compared to the 1979 montreal canadiens. So does almost every other team since them tho so idk, hard to compare. I'd say we're a top 5 team in the league.

that's a HUGE understatement, the Habs of the 70's were great offensively and defensively. If we had an avg goalie then we would be golfing with the Leafs right now.

Shadow Journal

Non, je ne regrette rien
Jun 20, 2003
If we had an avg goalie then we would be golfing with the Leafs right now.

I don't know that's necessarily true. You can't just cut a huge chunk of a team and its identity out and expect nothing else to change, that's just not how it works. One would imagine the team's strategy, from player personnel decisions down to coaching, would change with average goaltending, and thus the results aren't so simple to predict. It's not as likely that they'd have made the playoffs, but pretending it is impossible is just too far in my opinion.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Just as well, we lost the face off and probably would have gotten scored on Anyway.

LMFAO

I love you guys/gals! I'm a fan too, and have made more than an abundance of posts out of utter despair, confusion, and/or inebriation.

I salute you hototogisu!

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011
Do you guys know if there's a rule where goalies can't play forward? Like in yesterday case, couldn't MT replace Carey with Ticker. And use Carey as a forward?

Pacioretty - DD - Price
Chucky - Plek - Gally

Markov - Subban

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Do you guys know if there's a rule where goalies can't play forward? Like in yesterday case, couldn't MT replace Carey with Ticker. And use Carey as a forward?

Pacioretty - DD - Price
Chucky - Plek - Gally

Markov - Subban

No idea what the rules are concerning that but..
Why would you wanna do that.

JV

Feb 12, 2003
na
Visit site
Nilan ripping up Healy on TSN 690 for whining on and on last night about Stone's wrist. :laugh:

Priceless: "He should put a sock in his mouth and put a mask on".

Chris Nilan is like a breath of fresh air. Even when he's just intolerant, belligerent and cranky it's like a meadow of flowers compared to the stinking heap of stupidity and fawning spinelessness that is hockey commentary these days.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Still unsure as to why we aren't trying these lines..

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher

Galchenyuk-Eller-Weise

DLR-Desharnais-DSP

Prust-Mitchell-Flynn

Patches and Pleks have shown chemistry together. They would be a north-south line with Gallagher not having to handle the puck at all since the break-out will come off of Pleks/Patches.

Galchenyuk gets to play the skilled role with two big bodies who can not only retrieve pucks in this brutal system but can sustain pressure along the walls/create space for Chucky to be creative. It also allows Eller to play a more offensive role.

Desharnais is better away from Patches, he gets two big bodies to play with to create space, can muck it up on the boards, and he might actually threaten the net with a shot.

That is outside MT's boite he can't adjust the things inside his boite.
You know this I know you know this...:D

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Dave Stubbs ✔@Dave_Stubbs
32 times in NHL history, #Habs have held 3-0 best-of-7 series lead. They’ve never lost, 22 times winning a 4-game sweep #Sens #HabsIO

With DD on the team, even history can become history.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Pacioretty - DD - Price
Chucky - Plek - Gally

Markov - Subban

The ****? Why?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Still unsure as to why we aren't trying these lines..

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher

Galchenyuk-Eller-Weise

DLR-Desharnais-DSP

Prust-Mitchell-Flynn

Patches and Pleks have shown chemistry together. They would be a north-south line with Gallagher not having to handle the puck at all since the break-out will come off of Pleks/Patches.

Galchenyuk gets to play the skilled role with two big bodies who can not only retrieve pucks in this brutal system but can sustain pressure along the walls/create space for Chucky to be creative. It also allows Eller to play a more offensive role.

Desharnais is better away from Patches, he gets two big bodies to play with to create space, can muck it up on the boards, and he might actually threaten the net with a shot.

Simple because MT doesn`t understand what chemistry means. If a line starts scoring a lot he wants it to stop asap. And are you crazy???? Our best playoff forward on the second line? :sarcasm: If Eller scores he gets demoted to the 4th. MT is very odd even Tortorella would put Eller with Galchenyuk that combo always scores and works! It seems like Eller did something horrendous to MT and he MT wants to punish him.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Pacioretty - DD - Price
Chucky - Plek - Gally

Markov - Subban

Get out of here Therrien! Why would we do that Tokarski can`t stop a beach ball, and Price on first line right wing?:huh:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I don't know that's necessarily true. You can't just cut a huge chunk of a team and its identity out and expect nothing else to change, that's just not how it works. One would imagine the team's strategy, from player personnel decisions down to coaching, would change with average goaltending, and thus the results aren't so simple to predict. It's not as likely that they'd have made the playoffs, but pretending it is impossible is just too far in my opinion.

Also you can't remove price without giving anything back to the team.

Yeah let's just remove Toews without adding anything else and see how the Hawks are doing with Richards as first line center. Yeah it's totally fair.

Price is a top 5 draft pick. If you remove him you got to add a top center or top defenseman. If you add a top center or top defenseman then the team would be in playoffs with an average goalie. It's not our fault if the best player avalaible this year was a goalie and not a forward or defenseman.

Markov-Subban
Keith-Petry
Beaulieu-Gilbert

Playoffs team with any remotely good number 1.

Patch-Getzlaf-Gallagher

Playoffs team with Anaheim goalie.

We were 6-6-4 with Tokarski this season and he was average at the very best. It's not hard to find a better number 1 than him. Add a top center or top defenseman and this 6-6-4 transform into something like 8-6-2 which is enough to be in the playoffs.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher

Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Smith Pelly

Prust - Eller - Parenteau

De La Rose - Mitchell - Weise

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
I too am from the future. The game was declared a draw after 7 overtimes. It's being replayed next week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad