Ottawa vs Nashville for the Trapping Stanley Cup Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
this would be a doozy of a series....both teams will play the 1-3-1 trap until someone scores in the 19th overtime period of game 1 because one of the goaltenders fell asleep and the puck went past them...series takes a month to decide due to every game going to multiple OT's...NBC throws in the towel and decides to air the movie "Heidi" instead of the finals and Doc Emrick loses his voice due to screaming so much

Hazu*

Sep 25, 2011
I bet the games in Ottawa wouldn't even be soldout. They don't deserve to be in the finals.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Neat story.

Someone's a Rangers fan who's upset his team is loosing to another team, and venting like a petulant child. This won't last long.

I've watched this series... the Rangers are trapping much more than the Sens. If you can trap with morons like Girardi on your team.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
this would be a doozy of a series....both teams will play the 1-3-1 trap until someone scores in the 19th overtime period of game 1 because one of the goaltenders fell asleep and the puck went past them...series takes a month to decide due to every game going to multiple OT's...NBC throws in the towel and decides to air the movie "Heidi" instead of the finals and Doc Emrick loses his voice due to screaming so much

Nashville outscored Chicago 13 to 3. They are now outscoring St Louis.
Nashville rarely plays a trap and I have seen every PO game.

I haven't seen Ottawa playing, so I can't address that part.

I call BS! Close this thread!

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Nashville outscored Chicago 13 to 3. They are now outscoring St Louis.
Nashville rarely plays a trap and I have seen every PO game.

I haven't seen Ottawa playing, so I can't address that part.

I call BS! Close this thread!
They played it like one half of the 3rd period vs Chicago protecting a 1-0 lead and now they are branded a "boring trap team". They didn't play it one bit in game two and won 5-0.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
i'm watching the game right now...you can plainly see the 1-3-1 when the blues are skating out of their def zone

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
They played it like one half of the 3rd period vs Chicago protecting a 1-0 lead and now they are branded a "boring trap team". They didn't play it one bit in game two and won 5-0.

Pretty much, Patrick Kane talked and people listened. Even though he was bitter and embarrassed and still complimented their transition game.

Ottawa was battling a ton of injuries down the stretch and played a few games that were brutally boring, you could tell they were trying to win 1-0. But in the playoffs they've been plenty entertaining; the Boston series was fun to watch and the first two games of the New York series have been even better.

So yeah this thread's a joke.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
i'm watching the game right now...you can plainly see the 1-3-1 when the blues are skating out of their def zone

Mostly, Nashville has been on the attack. Period 2 shots: Nashville 11 St Louis 1.

You are seeing things dude!

I just saw the Blues with 4 guys in a diamond in the neutral zone, right before the commercial!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Pretty much, Patrick Kane talked and people listened. Even though he was bitter and embarrassed and still complimented their transition game.

Ottawa was battling a ton of injuries down the stretch and played a few games that were brutally boring, you could tell they were trying to win 1-0. But in the playoffs they've been plenty entertaining; the Boston series was fun to watch and the first two games of the New York series have been even better.

So yeah this thread's a joke.

Kane is going to get punched in the face every game against Nashville next season for being a lying dog! His team lost 4-0, or 13-3 and he didn't do jack out there except hit people in the mouth with his stick.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Mostly, Nashville has been on the attack. Period 2 shots: Nashville 11 St Louis 1.

I just saw the Blues with 4 guys in a diamond in the neutral zone, right before the commercial!

This and the Sens had 43 shots in game 1, and had 6 goal in an epic comeback in game 2.

How is this boring? This just reeks of salt from teams that can't beat Ottawa or Nashville.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008

you need to watch when the blues have the puck behind their net and skate out with it..1-3-1 trap in all its glory...plain as day

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
you need to watch when the blues have the puck behind their net and skate out with it..1-3-1 trap in all its glory...plain as day

Second period shots: Nashville 18 St Louis 4

St Louis doesn't have much offense. They are lucky to have one goal and lucky that the Preds don't have 3 or 4 by now with all of the corners that they missed.

CLOSE THIS THREAD!!!

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Game 1, Sens get over 40 shots. Game 2, Sens win 6-5. Tell me more about this boring brand of hockey they play.

Not Jared Cowen

Oct 1, 2004
Game 1, Sens get over 40 shots. Game 2, Sens win 6-5. Tell me more about this boring brand of hockey they play.

Shhhhh, don't tell them these things. Nothing to see over here, we're garbage, we're only enjoyable if you have incurable insomnia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad