Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa visting Edmonton - Who's the Starter

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
Hey Guys,

Figured we could start talking here if we want about the game tomorrow before the GDT.

Something I was going to bring up is a bit touchy and touches on that grey area between the professional lives of athletes and the personal.

Before I say anything else: I am so so sorry for the news that Craig Anderson received. As someone who has had family members experience cancer, I know the effect of receiving that news.

On the professional side, I would't know how to feel about a situation where Craig Anderson is in net tomorrow. As a person, I want him to succeed. As an Oiler fan, I feel uneasy cheering against him.

On the topic of our team, I fear that our guys would take the foot off the pedal shooting against him. Moreover, would we feel like jerks shooting on him?

All I know is thinking about this makes me feel weird.

Or am I even crazy for bringing this up? Thoughts?

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
Hey Guys,

Figured we could start talking here if we want about the game tomorrow before the GDT.

Something I was going to bring up is a bit touchy and touches on that grey area between the professional lives of athletes and the personal.

Before I say anything else: I am so so sorry for the news that Craig Anderson received. As someone who has had family members experience cancer, I know the effect of receiving that news.

On the professional side, I would't know how to feel about a situation where Craig Anderson is in net tomorrow. As a person, I want him to succeed. As an Oiler fan, I feel uneasy cheering against him.

On the topic of our team, I fear that our guys would take the foot off the pedal shooting against him. Moreover, would we feel like jerks shooting on him?

All I know is thinking about this makes me feel weird.

Or am I even crazy for bringing this up? Thoughts?

The news sucks but Andersons issues are far larger than a win or a loss.. I don't think winning will make anything better nor will losing make it much worse. I fully expect the Oilers to lay it on them if we can, wishing the best for Andersons family though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad